IF YOU WANT TO EDIT THE WIKI, do so on codeberg.org . The wiki on github.com is a read-only mirror, as is the git repo itself.
There are multiple ways to get Gadgetbridge:
Official release channel is done via F-Droid, see listing for Gadgetbridge and we encourage you to install the app through there. This will ensure timely updates and signed packages which are verifiably built from the published source code.
If you do not have F-Droid installed/cannot install it, you can download official, signed Gadgetbridge apks from the Gadgetbridge listing page and side-load them into your device. You then have to take care of updating yourself.
You can build Gadgetbridge from source code.
There is an unofficial, unsupported version at Google Play and we discourage anyone from using it. It is not endorsed by the core team. This app might not be the latest version and we cannot guarantee that the source code is unmodified. Please see issue #480 for some background, discussion and explanation of why the developers of Gadgetbridge will not publish on the Play Store.
Pairing/Connecting new device
- It is typically NOT necessary to install the MiFit app at all. Unfortunately, this has been changing over time. New devices and older devices with updated firmware require server based pairing. This means, that you absolutely must use MiFit/Amazfit/Zepp app to make the initial pairing, retrieve the pairing key and then use this key to pair with Gadgetbridge. Currently, some devices:
- Mi Band 4
- Mi Band 5
- Mi Band 6
- Amazfit Bip Lite
- Amazfit GTR
- Amazfit GTS
are known to be the first device with this enabled from the beginning. Read page Pairing for further details.
- If you have the MiFit/Amazfit/Zepp app, make sure it is not running. Kill or uninstall it.
- Unpair the band/watch from the phone's Bluetooth.
- Ensure GPS/location services are enabled on your device (this is related to Android permission system, since Android 6).
- Make sure to give Location service permissions to Gadgetbridge.
- Run Gadgetbridge and add new device to Gadgetbridge by pressing the Plus button.
- After the device has been discovered, follow the instructions.
- Pebble Bluetooth Low Energy support needs to be enabled in the settings before discovery, if you wish to use it
- CompanionDevice API support increases the service's reliability, but it needs to be enabled in the settings before discovery, if you wish to use it
- For further information check out the wiki for details about general configuration, some specifics about your particular device or, FAQ or developer info.
- Data Backup
- Find phone
- Permissions Explained
- Sports Activities Workouts
- Activity Sessions List
- Activity and Sleep Charts
- Heartrate measurement
- GPS recording of sports activities
- Integrating Sports Tracking apps with Gadgetbridge Sports Activities/Workouts
Smart Device Related
- Huami devices
- MyKronoz ZeTime
- Casio devices
- Fossil Hybrid HR
- How to Release
- Developer Documentation
- BT Protocol Reverse Engineering
- Support for a new Device
- New Device Tutorial
- Translating Gadgetbridge