This applies to all of Zeblaze Zeband, Zeband Plus, Makibes F68, and many others, as they share most of the same protocol.
Most devices provide the same features, although the external appearance may be quite different. The variations in the protocol are minimal. More recent versions will have support for Unicode characters, while older versions will only support GB2312 characters. Hence, accented characters will be displayed as Chinese symbols. We workaround this the best we know.
These devices will not display all accented characters correctly.
- Zeblaze Zeband Plus
- Makibes F68
Probably supported devices
- HPlus H4, H5, H9, K8 and others
- Discovery and pairing
- Setting weight, height, age, date, time, day of week
- Synchronise activity data: all stored not all is displayed
- Notifications (Display + vibration) with differentiation between phone calls and messages
- Display firmware version and battery status
- "Real time" (10m) heart rate monitoring: the devices do not seem to provide true real time values.
- Sleep monitoring: individual sleep phases stored but not presented. Only light and deep is presented
- Calories and distance stored but not presented
- Real time steps
- Configuration of some specific settings: Language, Real time HR State, Goals, Screen time.
- Inactivity Alarms: Messages are known. Requires some more code.
- Configuration of some specific settings: (HR thresholds, Inactivity alarms, Enable/Disable SMS and Phone notifications in the device, Find Me)
- Swimming statistics: Needs tinkering with the devices as messages are unknown
- Activity only considers HR... So there is no activity charts if All Day HR monitoring is disabled.
- Firmware update: Standard Nordic DFU process. No code developed
Development/work planned/ideas to be explored
- Find if there is a configurable HR monitoring interval
- Find how inactivity timers work
- Some messages are not understood and require further tinkering
- Temporarily enable All Day HR Monitoring, for 1-2 seconds, in order to get latest data from band. This would be a simple synchronization method for steps, distance and calories.
- Data Backup
- Find phone
- Permissions Explained
- Sports Activities Workouts
- Activity Sessions List
- Activity and Sleep Charts
- Heartrate measurement
- GPS recording of sports activities
- Integrating Sports Tracking apps with Gadgetbridge Sports Activities/Workouts
Smart Device Related
- Huami devices
- MyKronoz ZeTime
- Casio devices
- Fossil Hybrid HR
- How to Release
- Developer Documentation
- BT Protocol Reverse Engineering
- Support for a new Device
- New Device Tutorial
- Translating Gadgetbridge