You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|3 months ago|
|LICENSE||1 year ago|
|README.md||6 months ago|
|delightful-contributors.md||11 months ago|
A curated list of delightful Matrix resources, implementations and clients.
Table of contents
- General resourcess
- Server implementations
- Client SDKs
- Projects based on Matrix
Emoji for each entry provide additional information on project status:
- 👻 == inactive for over a year, or officially abandoned
- Matrix Spec: the official spec that defines the communication protocols and allows all servers and apps to communicate with each other.
- Conduit (site): A lightweight open-source server implementation of the Matrix Specification with a focus on easy setup and low system requirements.
- Construct: A performance-oriented homeserver with minimal dependencies, the first actively federating Matrix server developed independently by the community.
- Dendrite (site): A second-generation Matrix homeserver written in Go.
- Synapse (site): Matrix homeserver written in Python 3/Twisted.
- 👻 Ligase: A Cloud-native Matrix home server written in Golang.
- 👻 Maelstrom: A high-performance Matrix Home-Server written in Rust designed to be scalable, light on resources, and have a pluggable storage engine.
Apache-2.0 or MIT, Rust
- [chat] (app): A simple matrix webapp for mobile and desktop.
- Cinny (site): Yet another matrix client (web).
- Ditto Chat (site): An attractive Matrix client built in React Native (Android, iOS, web).
- Element (site): A glossy web client with an emphasis on performance and usability (Android, iOS, desktop, web).
- FluffyChat (site): Cute instant messaging app for all platforms (Android, iOS, desktop, web).
- Fractal (site): A Matrix messaging app for GNOME written in Rust (Linux).
- gomuks (site): A terminal based Matrix client written in Go.
- Hydrogen (app): Lightweight matrix client with legacy and mobile browser support (web).
- kazv: A convergent qml/kirigami client based on libkazv (Linux).
- matrix-commander: Simple but convenient CLI-based Matrix client app for sending, receiving, creating rooms, inviting, verifying, and so much more.
- matrix-static: A static golang generated preview of public world readable Matrix rooms.
- NeoChat: A client for Matrix (desktop, mobile).
- Nheko (site): A native desktop app for Matrix that feels more like a mainstream chat app (Linux, macOS).
- Nio (site): An upcoming Matrix client for iOS built with SwiftUI.
- Quaternion: A Qt5-based IM client for Matrix (desktop).
- QuickMedia: A native client for web services including Matrix.
- SchildiChat (site): A Matrix client based on Element with a more traditional instant messaging experience (Android, desktop, web).
- Syphon (site): A not for profit, open source matrix client with a focus on privacy and ease of use (mobile, desktop).
- 👻 AgentSmith: An IRC server that is actually a Matrix client. Use your favourite IRC client to communicate with the Matrix.
- 👻 Koma: A pure Kotlin Matrix client (Linux, macOS).
- 👻 matrix-client.el: A Matrix client for Emacs.
- 👻 matrix-ircd: An IRCd implementation backed by Matrix.
- 👻 Mirage: A fancy, customizable, keyboard-operable Qt/QML & Python Matrix chat client (desktop).
- 👻 Scylla (app): An Elm-based front-end for Matrix (web)
- 👻 Rambox (site): Cross platform messaging and emailing app that combines common web applications into one.
- matrix-appservice-bridge: Bridging infrastructure for Application Services.
- matrix-appservice-node: Matrix Application Service framework in Node.js.
- smallbot-matrix: Small Matrix Little Bot for Deno.
- 👻 botkit-matrix: A Botkit connector for Matrix.
- mautrix-python: A Python 3 asyncio Matrix framework.
- simple-matrix-bot-lib: An easy to use bot library for the Matrix ecosystem written in Python.
- µtrix: A Matrix client library for MicroPython.
- 👻 matrix-python-sdk: A Matrix Client-Server SDK for Python 2 and 3.
- dial-phone: A Matrix client-server SDK for JVM written in Kotlin.
- matrix-kt: Kotlin multiplatform libraries for Matrix.
- Trixnity: A Multiplatform Kotlin SDK for Matrix.
- matrix-rust-sdk: Matrix Client-Server SDK for Rust.
- ruma (site): A set of Rust crates for interacting with the Matrix chat network.
- libkazb: A matrix client SDK built upon lager and the value-oriented design it enables.
- libQuotient: A Qt5 library to write cross-platform clients for Matrix.
- Matrix .NET SDK: A .NET Standard 2.0 library compatible with the Matrix protocol.
- 👻 MatrixAPI: A Matrix library for C# UWP.
- mautrix-go (site): A Golang Matrix framework.
- 👻 gomatrix: A Golang Matrix client.
- dart-matrix-sdk: A Matrix SDK written in pure Dart.
- Matrix::Client: A Raku library for Matrix.
- Matrix-ClientServer-API-java: A small and simple java API.
- matrix-ios-sdk: A Matrix SDK for iOS.
- matrix-nio (site): A Python Matrix client library, designed according to sans I/O principles.
- ruby-matrix-sdk: A Ruby SDK for the Matrix communication protocol.
- 👻 haxe-matrix-im: Implementation of client-server matrix API in haxe using HaxeHttpClient.
Projects based on Matrix
- Cactus Comments (site): A federated comment system for the web, based on the Matrix protocol.
If you have questions or feedback regarding this list, then please create
an Issue in our tracker, and optionally
@mention one or more of our maintainers:
With delight we present you some of our delightful contributors (please add yourself if you are missing).