One command is all you need to start a new website:
wget -qO - https://go.habd.as/after-dark | sh
After Dark is an extensible, robust templating system for Hugo written from the ground up for speed, privacy and security.
Click a link below to learn more:
- Developer Focused: Cross-platform, 1 dependency, single-codebase.
- Incredibly Fast: ~0.615s builds and decisecond page loads.
- Privacy Aware: No cookies, no external requests, ephemeral hosting.
- Securely Designed: Source-level integrity, content security and more.
- Advanced Graphics: Silky-smooth post and homepage images.
- Easily Customized: Easily modify website look-and-feel.
- Fuzzy Search: Offline, automatic and no third-parties.
- Rewards System: Earn rewards for keeping your software up-to-date.
- Batteries Included: Integrate with Gitea, k8s, Traefik and Fathom.
- Extended Builds: Create high-performance Hugo builds with integrated Sass support.
For fastest installation use the provided Quick Install script. Quick Install is ideal for first-time users and does not require use of git. Use it to automatically set-up, configure and run a sample After Dark website you may re-purpose as your own.
By convention After Dark may be used with an existing Hugo site by git cloning to or adding as a submodule of the
flying-toasters ├── static └── themes └── after-dark # the clone or submodule
See Install a Single Theme on the Hugo docs site for further instructions.
After Dark releases are tagged in git and packaged on NPM. Use the NPM package to integrate After Dark into existing workflows.
Review the Online Help to learn how to set-up and customize After Dark. Docs included with installation and may be served locally.
Run the Upgrade Script to check for updates and upgrade automatically:
Upgrading replaces the file contents of the theme as a whole for security reasons. If you wish to modify the source please create a fork.
If installed or upgraded via script you may use the Release Validator to verify you're running a PGP-signed and SHA-verified release. Integrity is checked at the source level and may be performed offline. See Release Hashes for more info.
Copyright (C) 2019 Josh Habdas firstname.lastname@example.org
After Dark is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
After Dark is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.