||6 days ago|
|LICENSE||2 weeks ago|
|README.md||2 weeks ago|
|SmolEmoji-Regular.otf||6 days ago|
|emoji-test.gmi||2 weeks ago|
|sample.png||2 weeks ago|
Unicode symbols for the small internet
What is this?
Smol Emoji is an OpenType/TrueType font that aims to provide a full set of black & white vector graphic Emojis and other Unicode pictographs for use on the "smol internet".
A key design objective is that the glyphs are minimal in detail, therefore yielding a font file that is minimal in size.
The black and white format has been chosen so the glyphs can be presented in any foreground/background color combination.
Smol Emoji is licensed under the SIL Open Font License v1.1.
The initial version of the font was created in May 2021 and contained 95 face emoticons. The current (and first) objective is to cover all Emoji up to Unicode 13 while also relying on Noto Emoji for the older glyphs.
Contributions are welcome! Please note the following:
- Accepted file formats are OTF, TTF, and SVG.
- You agree to place your work under the Open Font License v1.1.
- skyjake will review (and maybe edit) all contributions before they are included in the font. This is both to ensure consistency and to keep the end result as small as possible.
- Contributions can be made via email, PRs (note: visible to everyone), or any other manner that you find comfortable.
View the Test Page in your Gemini browser to see which glyphs are missing: gemini://skyjake.fi/smol-emoji/emoji-test.gmi
Note that Lagrange v1.4 and earlier use Symbola so it will show complete Emoji coverage. Lagrange v1.5 and later do not include Symbola and instead of Smol Emoji, Noto Emoji, and a custom font of your choosing. When viewing the test page, check that you have no custom font configured.
- "Minimal" does not mean that the depicted objects are unrecognizable.
- "Minimal" does mean that you should consider how to represent objects with the minimum number of points and curves. Filled shapes require less data, but a given shape may not be distinctive enough without contrasting elements.