Linux Desktop Migration Tool aims to make migration from one Linux desktop machine to another as easy as possible.
What It Can do
- Migrate data in XDG directories (Documents, Pictures, Downloads...).
- Reinstall flatpaks on the new machine.
- Migrate Flatpak app data.
- Migrate Toolbx containers.
- It is aimed for and tested on Fedora Silverblue, but it should work on any modern desktop distribution.
- Both computers are expected to be on the same network.
- The destination computer is expected to be freshly installed with the user set up.
- Both users should have the same UID, names could be different.
- rsync, sshpass, xdg-user-dirs, gawk are installed.
- Migration of arbitrary directories in home.
- Migration of ssh certificates, nss database.
- Migration of GNOME desktop settings.