Open source myoelectric neural interface.
Psylink is intended as a human input device (like a keyboard) that predicts your intention from muscle signals. Using a neural network, trained through a process where you press keys at the exact same time that you make movements with the limb wearing the device, it learns correlations between the muscle signals and intended keys, and can press them for you.
Software used to create/edit/run these files
- Schematics, PCB Layouts: KiCad 6.0 (some archived ones used 5.1.5)
- Arduino IDE 1.8.19
- ArduinoBLE 1.2.1
- Arduino_LSM9DS1 1.1.0
- Python 3.8
- For library versions, see the respective requirements.txt file
- GnuRadio 126.96.36.199
This describes prototype 4.
- Wireless, using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Supports 17 electrodes (8 pairs + 1 ground)
- Transmits 8 signals at 8-bit resolution, 500Hz sampling rate
- Linux graphical user interface for:
- Mapping keyboard key presses to muscle signals
- Training a neural network to predict key presses from signals
- Simulating key presses based on neural network predictions
- GNURadio integration for plotting the raw signals + FFT
- Hardware overview:
- Software dependencies:
- Power ratings
- Supply Voltage: 4.5-6V
- Power dissipation:
- Idle: ~86.9mW (16.9mA x 5.14V)
- Transmitting at 6-7kB/s: 92.5mW (18.0mA x 5.14V)
- Weight: ~85g (at 9.81m/s² gravitational acceleration)
Very special thanks to every contributor. You all shaped the direction of this project in your unique way, and we would not be at this point without you!
- Roman Zimbelmann: Founder and maintainer of PsyLink
- Alex Lao: Consulting
- AntonX: Consulting, hardware design
- Cade Brown: Testing, financial support
- Fabien Devaux: Consulting
- Farzam Khodajoo: Consulting, hardware design
- Hackaday.com: Spreading the word, networking
- John Shahbazian: Consulting, testing, software, financial support
- keks: Consulting, testing
- knoc: Consulting, testing
- ktrask (mastodon): Consulting, testing
- PCBWay: Sponsored production services
- PerlinWarp: Consulting, testing, documentation, networking, financial support
- Ricard Collins: Consulting, financial support, testing
- Wojciech Siewierski: Consulting
- Thanks to all the patrons on Liberapay for financial support!
Copyright (C) 2023 Roman Zimbelmann
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.