A work-in-progress site to share your names, pronouns, and other preferred terms.
- API server is written in Go with the chi router
- Persistent data is stored in PostgreSQL
- Temporary data is stored in Redis
- The frontend is written in TypeScript with Svelte, using SvelteKit for server-side rendering
- Avatars are stored in S3-compatible storage (MinIO for development)
When working on the frontend, run the API and then use
pnpm dev in
frontend/ for hot reloading.
Note that the Vite dev server assumes that the backend listens on
:8080 and MinIO listens on
If these ports differ on your development environment, you must edit
- Go 1.18 or later
- PostgreSQL (any currently supported version should work)
- Redis 6.0 or later
- Node.js (latest version)
- MinIO if using avatars, flags, or data exports (not required otherwise)
- Air for live reloading the backend
- Create a PostgreSQL user and database (the user should own the database).
create user pronouns with password 'password'; create database pronouns with owner pronouns;
.env.examplein the repository root to a new file named
.envand fill out the required options.
frontend/envand fill out the required options.
go run -v . database migrateto initialize the database, then optionally
go run -v . database seedto insert a test user.
pnpm dev. Alternatively, if you don't want the backend to live reload, run
go run -v . web, then change to the
frontend/directory and run
docs/production.md for more information about keys in the backend and frontend
To seed the database with some data, create a
seed.yaml file, then use
go run -v . database seed.
For the file format, refer to the
Seed struct in
Copyright (C) 2022 Sam <u1f320> This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.