Not So Simple Mobs
(C) 2016 NPX Team and Contributors , GPLv3
NSSM adds a wide variety of very hostile mobs, as well as new weapons, armours and foods.
This mod is a continuation of NPX Team's Not So Simple Mobs. Notes from the original README are available below.
- License for the code: GPLv3
- License for non-code assets: see
This mod relies heavily on the features in TenPlus1's
mobs_redo, which is developed independently.
This version of NSSM was adjusted to run against commit
487e037cc9 (from 2018-12-20). If you are having problems with mod compatibility, please ensure you are using a version of
mobs_redo close to that commit.
For some NSSB mobs, there is a dependency on the
3d_armor API itself. This mod has been adjusted to work with version at tag
version-0.4.12 (June 2018) ; most later versions should work too.
master branch is adjusted to support Minetest 5.x
For Minetst 0.4.x Suport , use the branch
git checkout minetest-0.4-support
This mod provides some extra settings for fine tuning the experience:
nssm.server_rainbow_staff- Rainbow Staff is a powerful tool instead of a block placer
nssm.energy_boosts- allows player to eat energy for a stats bost
nssm.energy_lights- allows placing energy as temporary light sources
nssm.unswappable_nodes- Various mobs and tools replace nodes int he environment as part of their attacks and movements.
- This list defines nodes that cannot be swapped by such activities
default:chest_lockedare always unswappable
nssm.spearmodifier- Allows slowing down spears.
1for default speed,
0.5for half speed
- Impact is still preserved
- Use this setting if the server experiences lag ; fast spears on laggy servers rarely get collision-detected
The original notes from NPX Team ! --¬
We suggest that you play nssm with:
NSSB(Not So Simple Buildings, NPX Team's second mod that adds many blocks and Morlendor, the new dimension!)
3d_armors(with which you can use nssm armors):
unified_inventory(useful to discover all the new recipes and to use the armors):
- a throwing mod (a mod that add bows) if compatible with the Tenplus1's
We would like to thank:
- PilzAdam, for his wonderful simple-mobs mod;
- Tenplus1, for his hard work in making
- Echoes91, for Spears: simple but amazing;
- and obviously Celeron-55 and all the people who contributed to Minetest and its community (and Paramat in particular);
- Denise and
Ponzi_Durofor the revision of the guide;
Taikedzfor the beta testing;
The mod makes the game really hard, please read the wiki before playing: http://wiki.minetest.net/Mods/Not_So_Simple_Mobs (which will be updated as soon as possible) or the old guide for the 2.4 version.
Here are the trailers of the mod:
- nssm 2.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLUt58mo0k
- nssm 3.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBuAi1sQJxQ
NPX Team ~