||2 months ago|
|.github/workflows||3 months ago|
|components||2 months ago|
|scripts||2 months ago|
|.clang-format||11 months ago|
|.gitignore||3 months ago|
|LICENSE||12 months ago|
|README.org||5 months ago|
|manifest.scm||2 months ago|
|project.msc||2 months ago|
Mesche is a programming language that is designed for integration in C applications.
It is used as a high-performance scripting language to drive C applications and enable interactive development of program behavior. The compiler and runtime can be compiled directly into the C application so that this interactivity is available even in shipped applications.
- Simple: The compiler and runtime should be easy to understand and debug.
- Extensible: The language will be extensible through macros, Mesche modules, and easy registration of C functions into the runtime.
- Practical: Provides tools to build C/C++ projects that use Mesche (`mesche build`) and also manage project dependencies, especially those containing Mesche modules.
- Developing hackable tools for creative work (video and music production, writing, task management)
- Game development with the Substratic Engine
- Mobile application development (in the future)
Should I use this?
Probably not, this project is highly experimental and will probably change frequently. However, if you find the idea interesting and would like to try it, I would certainly be happy to have your feedback!
- Compiles directly to bytecode running on a custom VM
- First-class functions with closures
- First-class delimited continuations via
- Tail-call optimization for recursive algorithms and loops
- Modules can be defined and loaded into Mesche projects
- Record types with fast setter and accessor functions
- Native function registration for integrating with C APIs
- Supports running a VM per OS thread (theoretically, but not tested)
- Cross-platform build orchestration, dependency management, and release builds with
mesche cli: https://github.com/mesche-lang/cli
- A set of persistent data structures a la Clojure
- Support for Windows, macOS, and Android
- Hygenic macro definitions following Scheme's design
- Authoring C API bindings directly in Mesche code to generate C wrappers
- APIs for working with dynamic arrays of C structures
This project is licensed under the BSD 3-Clause License.