released this 2 months ago | 382 commits to main since this release
hd_3speed. It wasn't really helping anything.
- General reminder to modders: if you need to use the weaponstatus slots, while nothing is ever really future-proof it is advisable to go with the ones towards the end (e.g., by defining your constants like
HDWEP_STATUSSLOTS-x) instead of trying to use the first one that isn't already being used by HD. Anyway, a bunch of weapons just got a use case for the next status slot.
- Crashes/VM aborts:
- Null check added to A_HDChase when Thing_SetGoal is processed.
- Babuin could latch onto zero-height targets, triggering a divide by zero error.
- Backpack briefly checked for a non-existent mag item if you dropped armour with it open.
- Patrol points actually work now!
- Blursphere was not clearing +SPECIALFIREDAMAGE when dropped, leaving the player permanently invisible to monsters.
- Healers would not randomly change direction or stay close to friendly players.
- Bloodpack was spawning in backpacks and could be interacted with in the mag manager.
- Player corpses using the crouching death sprites would pass on the crouchsprite to the raised actor, leaving them using the crouched sprite while having the hitbox, reach and speed of a normal standing character.
- Grenade explosion abstracted fragments would always do the maximum number of checks. The explosion now uses the correct number and this maximum is now only used to prevent further checks if the victim would no longer be affected by further damage.
- A_SpawnChunks() no longer as aggressively favours moving away from the floor or ceiling. Previously it would skew things so much that a player could escape a grenade almost completely unscathed by letting it go off while it was resting on top of their head.
- Undid a previous "fix" of blood splatters that left no lasting wounds, as there was clearly actual piercing damage being done at that point.
- Bullets no longer miss entirely if only the head is missed and the bullet hit at a steeper pitch than 70 degrees.
- Shellshade no longer dramatically shakes the earth while not screaming when bleeding to death.
- Loadoutcode giving now handles backpacks and related storage items and gives numbers of stored mags instead of every mag's ammo count.
- An "uwu"-ing NPC will only uwuify one "u" in their username, not every single one.
- Crashes/VM aborts:
rretconsole command and
dotparameter in Liberator, Vulcanette, ZM66 and SMG. These take the same values as
hd_crosshairand are not capped.
- Skins can now define custom gibbing sounds.
- New cvar
hd_height(default 1). Ranges from 0.8 to 1.2.
- New flag
+hdweapon/hdpickup.nobackpackspawnthat removes the class from the potential candidates for things to be found in random backpacks.
- Item maxamounts now scale with hd_encumbrance.
- Backpack capacity no longer scales with hd_encumbrance, any more than magazines do. You now need to have the fist out to use the zoom-info.
- The random-syllable critter names are now weighted to something your typical English speaker might be just a little less totally unable to parse as anything but a keymash.
- Bullet sound trail effects are now calculated instead of relying on presets.
- Playerpawns without players will take damage like normal GZDoom actors.