released this 2 months ago | 508 commits to main since this release
hd_xhscalenow renamed to
- You can no longer throw down your mouse during a crouch-slide to do a roll. Instead, hold forwards or backwards and not sideways while crouched and hit jump.
hd_noslidecan now be used to disable this. Set it to 1 to disable slides only, 2 to disable rolls only, and 3 to disable both.
HDMarineclass name is no longer used.
HDOperatoris now the class name for the generic NPC who is working to secure, escape or destabilize the situation.
Tangois similarly replaced with
HDGoon. Related actor names have
Goonaccordingly. The translation in TRNSLATE now says
- Some of the zombie generator classes plus
VulcanetteZombie) have been renamed to more gender-neutral terms. No DoomEdNums have been changed.
- Some weapons may be disproportionately more powerful now that a bug has been fixed that had been keeping monsters alive much longer than they should.
- Freedoom pistol zombie redrawn to match the latest unstable version. Get a recent build at http://freedoom.soulsphere.org/
- 4.5.0 compatibility is no more. As it should be, but just making a note that you can upgrade now if you've been delaying for the sake of this. LZDoom 3.88 remains supported.
- Crashes/VM aborts:
- Null-self checks have been added after each OnHitActor and HitGeometry calls, in case mods call for the bullet to be destroyed during these.
- Weapon collision placed the vertical detection backwards at steep angles, and aborted prematurely when they should have proceeded to the next check.
- Player corpses' reliance on the master pointer was having odd side effects, and thus they are given their own pointer for the originating player.
- Item overlays were being cleared when the wearer was revived in PoF mode.
- Monsters were attacking grenades.
- Bodydamage-inflicted death was not guaranteed when the underlying cause of damage was subject to damage resistance, with ping damage getting rounded down to zero.
- Player extreme death would always spawn a gibbed rifleman to replace a gibbed playercorpse.
- Upside-down view while rolling would be overridden by Immerse. An additional override has been added to counter this.
- Hunter replacing the Slayer in D1/Phase1 is now correctly selected for loadouts that are set to start with the Slayer selected.
- Ninja pirate and babuin were able to grapple through walls.
- Armour was not converting damage to bashing.
- was converting slime damage into too much heat, effectively incapacitating the player when they should have been protected.
- was being given twice on wear-on-pickup.
- Massive cleanup to the turning input.
- Ladder sideways movement allowed player to move out of grip range while on the ladder without actually disengaging, resulting in many accidental falls.
- You can now mantle over solid actors.
- D.E.R.P.s no longer react to sound.
- Monsters now target bot replacers.
- Cyberdemon can no longer be passed through while it is staggering dead but unexploded.
- BFG final lightning bolts were still green in Freedoom.
- Backpack would not update while selected when you dropped an item.
- The old NPC username generation being based on David's mighty warriors resulted in names that were needlessly gendered and potentially misinterpretable as an endorsement of the State of Israel. The base list has been replaced with fearsome critters and cryptids.
- Crashes/VM aborts:
23039for rifle goons.
- Negative meleethreshold means the monster will try to get outside of that range before doing a ranged attack. (It may forget sometimes.)
- Tossing items now respects pitch and velocity.
- You can now crouch in midair. This helps you get a rolling land after a long fall.
- Finally added Emmy's circular scopes.
- Flame and technospider walking sounds.
- Pistol aiming now affected by loaded rounds.
- Punching Nazis is good.
- Fire/altfire while holding zoom in the item manager now increments/decrements the drop amount by 1.
hd_debugis no longer archived.
- Massive overhaul of the monster look/chase/wander and attack decisionmaking process. Monsters should behave and move more naturally, or at least a little more analogously to the playerpawn. It's like public server PvP, but with all the misogyny, homophobia and racism replaced with inarticulate grunting!
- Moved the rolling check to the ticker instead of move thinker.
- All items now have a DrawHudStuff() function for things like the armour display and confirming that you have the radsuit on.
- Changed the archvile hellfire attack again.
- Thunder Buster rangefinder is now always on.
- Rocket launcher zoomed view also has a rangefinder. The airburst counter is now white.