released this 4 months ago | 1105 commits to main since this release
- Anything relying on HDPlayerPawn.CheckStrip(). The new version uses the individual inventory actor being checked against instead of the target tier number. If you want the caller to strip down to as little as possible, refer to the caller in this parameter instead of an item.
- Yes, this is four point five point oh see. 4.6.0 has an issue that I'm not sure how it will ultimately be resolved.
So thanks to this camera issue I'm leaving us totally stuck in the retro zone. Sadface.(To clarify, it'll run just fine on 4.6.0, I just haven't fixed this bug nor taken any advantage of features not found in 4.5.0.)
- No crashes were fixed this release that hadn't introduced after the last.
- Backpack loadout code would ignore all subsequent items if an invalid item code was specified.
- SMG had no option to specify an all-modes switch. It is now set to 4.
- An unsealed, refilled mag loaded into then unloaded from a ZM66 would be counted as empty.
- NPC marines got some much-needed maintenance.
- Riflemen were firing even after their bursts were over and they should have been aborting their shots.
- Similarly, riflemen's spent mag logic was not being updated correctly resulting in additional mags being dropped.
- Voice type selection was based on the old he/she/it system and no it option allowed. A full set of sound definitions is now available for all four genders.
- Thrown weapons did not clear their tracer, damaging a victim again even after bouncing off of only wall geometry.
- Holding Jump while crouched caused an endless loop of rapid half-squatting instead of just standing up like in regular GZDoom.
- Killer barrels weren't aiming vertically and didn't have a valid pain sound in Doom1.
- Massive overhaul of the ladder system from Emmy which should take care of more hovering-player cases.
- H.E.R.P.s weren't registering dirty mags as dirty.
- Player can now slide (and roll) while berserk.
- Numerous fixes to the backpack refactor.
- The id zombie/shotgunguy/player standing/shooting sprites are now aligned with the head.
- Boss HUD now shows loose rounds as well as clips.
- Medikit readings of NPCs now cap health percentages based on body damage.
- Respawning with a weapon in hand flagged +wimpy_weapon will now cause you to immediately switch to fist.
- Finally got weapon smoke to follow player pitch.
- D.E.R.P. in any mode would continue shooting automatically if you shot at a valid target while remote piloting it. This behaviour is now disabled in ambush mode.
- New user command
netevent herp/derphack. Set up an active remote connection by deploying your own *ERP robot and bring up the control interface. (If you're doing this with HERPs the selected HERP must be shut off.) Get within range of the target robot(s) and type the relevant herp/derp command into the console. After a few tries you should be able to connect to and control the captured device.
- New user cvar
hd_monstervoicepitch(true): This enables the individualized vocal pitches for the monsters; set to false to play all monster sounds consistently.
- New user commands
give forwardroll <number>) for rolling.
- New incapacitation ability: if you're facing a wall, object or teammate high enough to climb and lean on, you can get back up even if you're ostensibly incapacitated.
- New falling damage ability: if your horizontal movement is sufficient on impact, you will mitigate your fall damage by rolling forwards.
- You can roll voluntarily as well, by using the above commands or by looking down and moving your view downwards just as you start doing a crouch-dive forwards (or looking up/moving upwards/diving backwards - either way, look, then move the mouse and hit the crouch button at the same time).
- Some very limited walljumping, mostly to let you kick off a wall you're falling off the side of in order to do a roll.
- Spiritual armour now causes damage inflictors to bleed.
- If you overload a backpack in your loadout, the excess items will begin spilling out when you open it.
- New penetration effects for the H.E.A.T. rocket.
- Lumberjack now displays a bar showing the integrity of any destructible wall geometry you're attacking.
- New sound definition for dropping a blursphere.
- Individually varied voice pitches for some monsters.
- New user command
- You can now put on a radsuit despite full pockets, just like armour. (NB: if you want to try this out, please keep in mind IDFA and "give ammo" also give you the backpack which will get in the way.)
- Skill levels no longer affect encumbrance.
- Fire duration once set is also no longer affected, but the lowest skill setting still doubles your cooldown rate.
- Modularized the armour system. Now you can create custom armours with unique ways of handling damage!
- The consequential changes needed to get shields working under this new system have resulted in a significant rebalancing (read: unbalancing). No guarantee that anything's good or bad.
- Modularized the wearable item layer system. This should have no perceptible difference outside of modding.
- Modularized the item overlay system. Again, this should have no perceptible difference outside of modding.
- Added a BeforePockets virtual to HDPickup which happens just before you are about to put an item in your backpack or inventory. If it returns true, the pocketing/backpacking part of the pickup is aborted. This replaces the hard-coded behaviour of putting on the armour and radsuit.
- Backpack interface item icons now use the inventory actor's scale property.
- Created generic method of alerting while chasing. It can be enabled with the +HDMMOBBASE.CHASEALERT flag. It is skipped when there are 1024 or more monsters on the map.
- "Jointlock" damage type can now be used to bypass shields and armour.
- Narrowed the headshot part of the humanoid hitbox slightly.
- Some aesthetic changes to the blursphere.
- The mortal remains of François Alcasan, copied in quadriplicate, are now the thing you shoot to get out of Doom2 Map32.