You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
lightrcg is a lightweight pseudo-3D game engine written in C. It is mostly focused around raycasting, a pseudo-3D rendering technique old video games such as Ken's Labyrinth or Wolfenstein 3D used.
If you intend to use lightrcg with something else than SDL, I apologize for the additional dependency. I am planning to make the frontend optional as lightrcg does not need SDL to function (you can even do a terminal raycasting game if you want to).
- Basic raycasting (walls, textures, sprites)
- Animated textures
- Sprites with Z height (basically it can go up and down)
- an SDL Front-end to make game programming easier (well, i try)
- Custom floor and ceilings
- Lightmap (basically you can set the luminosity of each map tile)
- Custom bitmap file format (not really a feature, I just didn't bothered to use some library for PNG and JPG images)
- Custom map file format
- 100% software rendering, no GPU acceleration
This work is licensed under the Mozilla Public License 2.0