OMEMO and BTBV: Inform user on key / fingerprint change
- Version: 3.1.0 beta (2022-02-22)-playstore
- Device: Pixel 5
- Android Version: Android 12 (stock)
- Server name: own domain on conversations.im
- Pix-Art Messenger source: PlayStore Beta Channel
Steps to reproduce
Make sure, to Set Blind Trust Befeore Verification to enable in settings
- Verify OMEMO fingerprints of your friends devce/s by scanning a QR Code.
- Let your friend login to his account with another client.
- Send encrypted with OMEMO from Blabber to friend.
Blabber should show a smiliar at it shows now, but this window should explaint what is going one.
Right now user dont know what is it, and what he should do with that
I think, that this window should say, that friend connect a new device and is up to you if you trust or not:
Another solution is to not show this window and mark this device fingerprint untrusted.
should be merged with #640
No. It's s "different" thing.
It's about OMEMEO encryption, but it applies to another area.
It show, that this UI should be modified, because right now it doesn't explain anything, and standard user don't know what to do with that.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?