Merged message is truncated
- Version: 3.0.8-playstore
- Device: OnePlus 3T
- Android Version: LineageOS 17.1
- Server name: trashserver.net
- Server software: ejabberd
- Pix-Art Messenger source: PlayStore
Steps to reproduce
I have a script that informs me about changes on a platform. Until now I had used slixmpp as XMPP library, but now I switched to aioxmpp. Now it can happen that a notification about changes on this platform contains e.g. 28 messages with 4096 characters each. With slixmpp the sending of the messages was so slow that they were displayed as single messages in blabber. With aioxmpp, however, the messages are sent directly one after the other.
Blabber does merge directly consecutive messages together and displays them as one message. However, there seems to be a length limit. Because after a certain length the remaining messages are no longer displayed but simply closed with
... the message.
- Receive 28 messages with 4096 characters each directly one after the other.
- Look at the message and see that the messages have been merged and shortened with
I want to be able to see the content of all 28 messages no matter how quickly they arrive one after the other. E.g. In Dino these are displayed correctly. Alternatively, a "show more" button could be displayed.
The messages are cut off.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?