- Version: 2.5.2
- Android Version: LOS13 (Android 6.0.1) – No GApps
- Pix-Art Messenger source: Codeberg/Github via AutoUpdater
Steps to reproduce
- Receive a file, eg Image
- Click on “Check File Size” Button
- PAM will retrieve the file size from server, attempt download but fail with ‘Download failed: File not found’
- Instead of “Check File Size” there’s now a “Download Image” button with correct size information. Trying to download with it fails.
File should be downloaded and previewed.
Linux: adb -d logcat -v time | grep -i Pix-Art > logcat.txt
Nothing. Grepping for
-i pixart instead only showed some generic information when opening the app.
Not sure as I don’t receive files often. It did already happens months prior, but at first I passed it off as an (temporary) server failure. Might already be in since
I’m pretty sure that it was still working around
Long-press on _A_ and selecting copy original URL yields _B_:
|“Check File Size” button||Correct URL|
|Image Preview (sent img)||Correct URL|
Bits from poking in Code
“download_failed_file_not_found” is used as an “catch it all” error message if nothing more specific was found in
getFileParams the String is supposed to be split at
|s, which does not seem to happen here.
Since the size is retrieved correctly I’d guess the error manifests in
FileDownloader.run. Unfortunately I was unable to get more out of the code.
This might either be usefull, useless or misleading:
My guess would be that in
FileDownloader.run and/or whatever handles long-press on the download button the url is not parsed from
getFileParams but taken from
Message.body directly OR at some point prior to it the variable that keeps track of the URL is overwritten incorrectly.
As it works for others, this might be connected to some fallback code that isn’t invoked in newer/googled Androids.