Custom messages at user message count
One feature that would help new players is the ability to have custom messages fire at a specific number of user messages.
When a player first types, it shows the welcome message, but in my experience they don't read the tutorial. Especially on more complex games, they have trouble learning the syntax and playing for long.
For example, this feature would allow a message such as "Hey (username)! View !tutorial for how to play!" when the player has typed 5 messages into chat. This can be applied to gradually ease players into learning the syntax and how to use the bot.
Here's a plan for a default set of messsages at the following message counts:
- 2 - Teach the player how to find all valid inputs
- 5 - Teach the player about how to apply durations to inputs
- 10 - Teach the player about input sequences
- 15 - Teach the player about simultaneous inputs
The above 4 are the basics most newer players need to get started playing. In my experience, new players try typing at least twice, which is the reasoning behind the first message count of 2.
The following ones are not as critical but are important for more complex games:
- 30 - Teach the player about delaying inputs
- 40 - Teach the player about holding inputs
- 55 - Teach the player about releasing inputs
- 75 - Teach the player about repeated inputs
- 100 - Teach the player about macros
- 125 - Teach the player about dynamic macros
The hope is for a steady stream of new information to keep newer players engaged and familiarize them with the system. Some of the numbers may be tweaked.
These defaults should apply only on a first run of TRBot where
first_launch is 1.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?