So: What if Keyoxide were federated?
By implementing WebFinger:
- Keyoxide profiles can now be found across multiple instances
- Keyoxide profiles can be searched from other fediverse clients (Pleroma, Mastodon)
- Keyoxide might expose an account Profile when clicking a Mention in a toot.
- Clicking the avatar on the Profile opens the Keyoxide profile page in a new tab.
Related, to implementing Mentions:
- In Keyoxide you can configure one or more aliases (petnames) to expose via WebFinger.
- Mentions may lead to different profile pages, or filtered subsets thereof (friends-only, public).
If Fediverse accounts are part of my profile there may be a relay service:
- The petname / alias Profile becomes a full-blown microblogging account.
- People can toot me, and the toot is forwarded, according to my config.
- I can move to different instances/apps but my Keyoxide account stays the same.
- The relay can support and delegate to many different app types (video, events, etc.)
(Of course the Relay service can be seen as an enormous scope creep, but it could be an optional extension and independent of the main project)
Going wild, and a bit off-topic.. Keyoxide can be a good Gravatar replacement:
- Because there's now an easy, universal way to discover 'published' Keyoxide profiles.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?