Jabber/XMPP web clients
We have started support for web clients in
Here's a list of bugs or missing features we encountred in our own infrastructure, as well as xmpp-web and conversejs.
TODO: We could help with opening/following tickets upstream
- websocket appears to be broken????
- (upstream) when no MUC server is advertized by the jabber server, defaultMuc` configuration setting is not used as fallback
- (upstream) there is no autojoin feature yet
auto_join_roomssetting doesn't work with anonymous login
- (upstream) anonymous login does not allow users to choose a session-wide nick, but prompts them for a nick on every channel
- (upstream) MUC servers in anonymous vhost disco-items are displayed in suggested chatrooms, despite not being chatrooms
Now that the setup is fully automated, maybe i should spend some time to be able to setup the three solutions in parallel so we can test/compare them. Also should be able to disable BOSH/websockets to see how each fares with some broken stuff.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?