Onion services are mostly operational. TODOs left:
- JoinJabber websites should serve Onion-Location/Alt-Svc headers for onion upgrade
- Open 5222/5223/5269 ports for jabberserver recipe
- Test jabber/XMPP S2S federation over onion address (using prosody mod_onions dns->onion mapping)
Original issue content (before editions)
Discourse support has been discontinued. Only point remaining for this issue is that Tor Browser should be able to discover onion support via HTTP headers for our web services.
Really cool, thanks for the link, i need to update this issue :)
Are you in contact with this person so we can see for future cooperation?
Original issue contents:
Archive from original issue:
With @pep. we started preliminary onion support.
- mail services are accessible via onion, using usual vhosts (destinations)
- jabber MUC is accessible via onion, using usual vhost
- websites are accessible via onion, using usual vhost
However, the sites do not support being served from different baseURLs:
- joinjabber.org is a static site with absolute URLs everywhere
- discourse does not support alternative names for the service (though there is a proposed patch)
This ticket is labeled
upstream until discourse allows serving the same vhost under a different domain.
- joinjabber.org serves onion with onion URLs
- joinjabber.org needs to serve onion upgrade headers over HTTP2
forum.joinjabber.org serves onion with onion URLs(discourse has been discontinued)
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?