|Johan Vandegriff 011f1e89f4|
A repo to manage the setup of my computers. Based on Nikita's dotfiles repo.
ansible-playbook -K framework.yaml
I manage my dotfiles in Ansible using a system of plays and roles.
- I use plays to manage device specific configuration. These plays act as "entrypoint" of my configuration.
- I use roles to manage application configurations.
- A play is composed of multiple roles, with some extra configuration on top.
- framework: My framework laptop running Ubuntu (script also works on Manjaro), with Gnome Wayland.
- latitude: My dell latitude 7490 work laptop running Ubuntu, with Gnome Wayland.
- utils: install basic utilities that I always need
- environment: environment variables for terminal and GUI alike
- zsh: install and configure the zsh shell
- git: install and configure git (the config file contains my name, so if you fork this repo, change it)
- tmux: install and configure tmux
- wezterm: install and configure wezterm, a terminal with some cool features such as image support
- nethack: install and configure nethack
- gnome-settings: configure gnome to use 4 finger swipe for workspace, 3 finger swipe for various keybinds, make caps lock ctrl, enable window focus on hover, set up workspace keybinds, etc.
- nix: install the Nix package manager (not currently used)
- framework-ssd-trim: enable SSD trim for booting from USB on the framework laptop
- template: a blank slate for installing and configuring something (just copy it and replace ? with the software name)