[Enhancement] Add possibility to specify shoes (to track durability)
Hi! Today I bought new running shoes and thought... What about adding the possibility to track the shoes we are running in?
- Running shoes last about 600 - 1200 km each
- Sometimes I personally forget when they reach their end of life
- You don't always recognize when you should change them
- It could also be intersting how long they really lasted before you throw and old pair away to compare to other brands / models
- It could be possible to add / delete / update a pair of shoes in the settings (Maybe introduce workout-type-based settings?)
- Also set a default one from the list would be nice
- The run workout could start with the default shoes and could be changeable after workout (edit workout is already possible)
- The sum of the run km could be either shown in statistics, workout summary or settings and or there could be a notification when a treshold has reached
What do you think about this idea?
Quite high complexity for such a simple function. Maybe add it in the comments when buying a new pair of shoes?
Yeah, was just an idea but I can understand if that added too much complexity. Adding it within the comments is a workaround but the total distance would have to be calculated by the user every now and then...
I honestly like the idea, although adding a pair of shoes might actually be too specific.
I can imagine there are different things to track in different kind of sports (e.g. different bikes/set of tires when cycling or horses in horseback riding).
Maybe a more general approach would be to add support for labels, that can be created by users and attached to a workout. That allows sophisticated filtering as well, when workout stats are calculated.
I can think of quite a few other use cases as well. For example, users could rate a workout based on how they felt during it, so they could track their perceived versus actual performance.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?