The F-Droid flavor will support UnifiedPush for the next release. This gives users the choice between FCM, UnifiedPush or regular polling which should be enough choices to make the foreground service obsolete.
|1 month ago|
|.github||1 year ago|
|app||1 month ago|
|fastlane/metadata/android||12 months ago|
|gradle/wrapper||4 months ago|
|.gitignore||2 years ago|
|LICENSE||4 years ago|
|README.md||3 months ago|
|build.gradle||3 months ago|
|gradle.properties||2 years ago|
|gradlew||3 years ago|
|gradlew.bat||3 years ago|
|settings.gradle||2 years ago|
Ltt.rs for Android
Proof of concept e-mail (JMAP) client (pronounced "Letters"). Makes heavy use of Android Jetpack to be more maintainable than some of the other Android e-mail clients.
If the above screenshots don’t do enough to convince you, you can watch this short video on YouTube.
Features, and design considerations:
- Heavily cached, but not fully offline capable. Ltt.rs makes use of JMAP’s great caching capabilities. However, marking a thread as read does round-trip to the server to update things such as read count. The action itself won’t get lost even if performed offline.
- Account setup and done. Settings invite feature creep and its friend unmaintainability.
- Minimal dependencies. Third party libraries are often of poor quality, and end up unmaintained. Only widely known, highly tested libraries from reputable vendors.
- Native Autocrypt support.
- Based on jmap-mua, a headless e-mail client, or a library that handles everything an e-mail client would, aside from data storage and UI. There is also lttrs-cli, which uses the same library.
- Looks to Gmail for inspiration in cases of uncertainty.
If you want to use F-Droid you can also use our F-Droid repository instead of the official one:
All three versions are signed with the same key, so it is possible to switch between them.
Attention: You need a JMAP capable e-mail server to use Ltt.rs
As of October 2022, the main options are:
See also: jmap.io/software.html
Translations are managed on Weblate. Register an account there to start translating.