Misleading Gitea update message
# What do you want to address?
# Describe your matter briefly
I just freshly installed GitNex 4.0.0 via F-Droid. But when I try to connect to my Gitea instance I receive a confusing message in a yellow box.
In English the message would roughly be:
New Gitea version detected. Please update GitNex.
I just installed the latest GitNex version and it asks me to update? How should this be possible?
What did you expect?
GitNex should not show me a message regarding updating when I'm running the latest version already.
Some additional details
- The version of Gitea you are using: 1.15.2-p0 from Debian repo
- The version of GitNex you are using: 4.0.0
- Source of installation (Play Store, F-Droid, APK): F-Droid
- Current android version and phone model/manufacturer: Samsung S7, Android 8.0.0
- The type of certificate your instance is using (self-signed, signed): self-signed
- How you used to log in (via password or token): password
We would appreciate some screenshots or stacktrace's, but this is also not required.
See attached login01.jpg for the update message.
Thank you for your time.
anyway ... gitnex do work as intended ... https://codeberg.org/gitnex/GitNex/src/tag/4.0.0/app/src/main/res/values/gitea_version.xml
It will check if gitnex is to old for a specific gitea version (since this could result in unexpected behaviour)
with next version it should not show that (https://codeberg.org/gitnex/GitNex/src/tag/main/app/src/main/res/values/gitea_version.xml)
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?