Add a tabbed navigation layout (as main layout)
# What do you want to address?
# Describe your matter briefly
GitNex currently uses a app drawer based layout. First of all, there's a problem with Android's new, preferred navigation method (gesture navigation). And I prefer a tab based layout, you have faster access to the single pages (fragments). (Something like the official GitHub app would be very nice, see the screenshot from Google Play below.)
I know that that's a complete refator of the ui and you would have to maintain both layouts, but especially the gesture navigation problem can be very annoying.
What did you expect?
I didn't expect something, but two ideas how to implement:
- completely move from drawer layout to tabbed layout
- an option in the settings to switch between them
Some additional details
- The version of Gitea you are using: not relevant
- The version of GitNex you are using: not relevant
- Source of installation (Play Store, F-Droid, APK): not relevant
- Current android version and phone model/manufacturer: not relevant
- The type of certificate your instance is using (self-signed, signed): not relevant
- How you used to log in (via password or token): not relevant
We would appreciate some screenshots or stacktrace's, but this is also not required.
- I carefully read the contribution guidelines.
Thank you for your time.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?