I'll describe some things I'd recommend to our CI service, this is mainly a summary issue:
- use Woodpecker/Codeberg CI (#1104)
- we are using it already for tea4j-autodeploy
- this allows us to run checks on pull requests
- we should run tests, at least on PRs
- unit tests
- integration tests (#1098)
- we could require the formatting of Java files with the IntelliJ profile and the editorconfig to follow consistent code styles
- linters are almost a necessary thing
- an idea on PRs: publish a build artifact, e.g. to the cloud we are using right now for releases, that allows easy testing - download APK, install, run
- would need credentials on PRs, we can protect this by requiring a confirmation for all builds (a feature for Woodpecker to make this better configurable is here)
- once Woodpecker implemented cron jobs, we can automate locale updates (#141)
- we can block certain contents, also ideal for simple stuff (e.g. the use of
- another Woodpecker plugin I wrote can block or even require certain regular expressions
to the cron job thing ... this was a problem at gitea quite long too the cron tasks are relatively new to drone ...
what was done there was a step that would only exec on push event on master branch to update locales if needed.
so each merge you get to run a push to locales and then a pull
-> to migrate this to cron event later is easy afterwards ...
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?