dnd-tools is a set of interactive command line tools for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. This is a fork of the original dnd-tools repository.
The original repository contains the source code for the python scripts and install functions used to create the dnd-tools AUR package.
The aim of this project, inspired by donjon, is to create an offline, cross-platform, GM/DM tool set.
- Completely interactive: prompted with start menu after every function
- Character generator: any or all stat blocks and features can be randomized
- NPC generator: 35 NPC classes with stat blocks populated as with character creation (fixed NPC stats are in the Monster Manual and many places online)
- Save generated character: export generated character to text file
- Dice roller: any number of dice, any number of sides, plus modifiers
- Encounter calculator: calculates modified experience per party size / level and monster party size (and CR)
- Loot generator: random loot tables based on CR and number of enemies
- Initiative roller: random d20 rolls for n number of players with initiative bonus
- Tarokka card game: tarot card game from Curse of Strahd
- Wild magic effects: effect roller for Wild Magic sorcerers
Installation / Usage:
yay -S dnd-tools
$ git clone https://github.com/gtbjj/dnd-tools $ cd dnd-tools $ sudo python setup.py install $ /usr/bin/dnd-tools
- Install Python for Windows
- Copy and paste the raw script to a text editor
- Save the script as
- Execute script in terminal with Python
To Do / Feature Requests: If you would like a feature added, first check issues tagged as enhancements. If you do not see the feature you are looking for, follow the issue template for feature requests.
Bugs: Please review issues tagged as bugs before making a new issue report. Be as clear and descriptive as possible when making bug reports, including output logs and what steps you've attempted to remedy the problem yourself.
Contributing: See CONTRIBUTING.md.