Madloba (beta) is a free, open-source solution that connects people who have things to exchange.
Each Madloba website uses a map that allows users to visualize at a glance what their neighbours have to give away or what they are looking for.
More information on madloba.org.
To deploy your Madloba instance, follow the steps in the installation guide.
If you want run Madloba on your local machine, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have these prerequisites installed:
- Run the following commands:
$ git clone email@example.com:etiennebaque/madloba.git $ cd madloba && bundle install
- Database config: update the settings of your development database, by doing the following:
- Make a copy of /config/app_environment_variables.rb.sample and name it /config/app_environment_variables.rb.
- In /config/app_environment_variables.rb, set your database credentials.
- Once this is done, create your local database by running:
$ bundle exec rake db:setup
- That's it, you’re good to go! Start your local server:
$ rails s
This project uses the following main gems:
- Devise (authentication)
- Pundit (authorization)
- Faye Websocket (websockets)
- Capistrano (deployment)
- Delayed job (queue)
- Carrierwave (file upload) and Carrierwave-backgrounder (file processing)
- Fog (cloud storage on Amazon S3)
- Dalli (cache)
- RSpec and Factory girl (testing)
- Fork the Madloba project.
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request.
Madloba is an Open Source Software released under the GNU Geneal Public License - V2.