Segmentation fault on bad configuration #32

Closed
opened 10 months ago by leonardohn · 5 comments

I've been using and maintaining yambar package version 1.6.1 on Gentoo, available on gentoobr overlay; However, I've noticed that configuration files with syntax errors like misindentation are causing segmentation faults both when using the ebuild or compiling it manually. Could this be an issue with the dependency versions?

Those are the versions available in my system:

gui-wm/sway-1.5.1
dev-libs/fcft-2.3.2 
dev-libs/json-c-0.15
dev-libs/libyaml-0.2.5
media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.4
media-libs/libmpdclient-2.19
virtual/libudev-232-r3
x11-libs/pixman-0.40.0
dev-libs/wayland-1.19.0
x11-libs/libxcb-1.14
x11-libs/xcb-util-0.4.0-r2
x11-libs/xcb-util-cursor-0.1.3-r3
x11-libs/xcb-util-wm-0.4.1-r3
dev-libs/tllist-1.0.4
app-text/scdoc-1.11.1
dev-util/meson-0.56.2
virtual/pkgconfig-2
dev-libs/wayland-protocols-1.20
dev-util/wayland-scanner-1.19.0
dev-util/ninja-1.10.2-r1
dev-util/meson-format-array-0
I've been using and maintaining yambar package version 1.6.1 on Gentoo, available on [gentoobr overlay](https://github.com/gentoobr/overlay/blob/master/gui-apps/yambar/yambar-1.6.1.ebuild); However, I've noticed that configuration files with syntax errors like misindentation are causing segmentation faults both when using the ebuild or compiling it manually. Could this be an issue with the dependency versions? Those are the versions available in my system: ``` gui-wm/sway-1.5.1 dev-libs/fcft-2.3.2 dev-libs/json-c-0.15 dev-libs/libyaml-0.2.5 media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.4 media-libs/libmpdclient-2.19 virtual/libudev-232-r3 x11-libs/pixman-0.40.0 dev-libs/wayland-1.19.0 x11-libs/libxcb-1.14 x11-libs/xcb-util-0.4.0-r2 x11-libs/xcb-util-cursor-0.1.3-r3 x11-libs/xcb-util-wm-0.4.1-r3 dev-libs/tllist-1.0.4 app-text/scdoc-1.11.1 dev-util/meson-0.56.2 virtual/pkgconfig-2 dev-libs/wayland-protocols-1.20 dev-util/wayland-scanner-1.19.0 dev-util/ninja-1.10.2-r1 dev-util/meson-format-array-0 ```
Owner

I'm having some issues reproducing this. I.e. I can't reproduce at all :)

The dependency versions seem to match what I'm using so probably not related. Could you provide a backtrace from a debug build?

I'm having some issues reproducing this. I.e. I can't reproduce at all :) The dependency versions seem to match what I'm using so probably not related. Could you provide a backtrace from a debug build?
Poster

Here is the diff between the configuration that fails and the one that works:

<       anchors:
<         - workspace: &workspace
<           font: Font Awesome 5 Free:style=solid:pixelsize=13
<           margin: 12
<           on-click: "swaymsg --quiet workspace {name}"
<       content:
<         "":
<           map:
<             tag: state
<             values:
<               focused: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ● } }
<               urgent: { string: { <<: *workspace, text:  } }
<             default: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ○ } }
<       sort: ascending
---
>         anchors:
>           - workspace: &workspace
>               font: Font Awesome 5 Free:style=solid:pixelsize=13
>               margin: 12
>               on-click: "swaymsg --quiet workspace {name}"
>         content:
>           "":
>             map:
>               tag: state
>               values:
>                 focused: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ● } }
>                 urgent: { string: { <<: *workspace, text:  } }
>               default: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ○ } }
>         sort: ascending
Here is the diff between the configuration that fails and the one that works: ``` < anchors: < - workspace: &workspace < font: Font Awesome 5 Free:style=solid:pixelsize=13 < margin: 12 < on-click: "swaymsg --quiet workspace {name}" < content: < "": < map: < tag: state < values: < focused: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ● } } < urgent: { string: { <<: *workspace, text:  } } < default: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ○ } } < sort: ascending --- > anchors: > - workspace: &workspace > font: Font Awesome 5 Free:style=solid:pixelsize=13 > margin: 12 > on-click: "swaymsg --quiet workspace {name}" > content: > "": > map: > tag: state > values: > focused: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ● } } > urgent: { string: { <<: *workspace, text:  } } > default: { string: { <<: *workspace, text: ○ } } > sort: ascending ```
Owner

Thanks!

The crash is in yambar, not in a dependency. I.e. this should very much be something we can, and should, fix.

I'll test your config later this week. Hopefully it'll let me reproduce the issue.

Thanks! The crash is in yambar, not in a dependency. I.e. this should very much be something we can, and should, fix. I'll test your config later this week. Hopefully it'll let me reproduce the issue.
dnkl added the
bug
label 10 months ago
Owner

I was able to reproduce, and #33 should fix the crash; you should now get an error message instead.

I was able to reproduce, and https://codeberg.org/dnkl/yambar/pulls/33 should fix the crash; you should now get an error message instead.
Poster

Thanks!

Thanks!
leonardohn closed this issue 10 months ago
Sign in to join this conversation.
No Milestone
No Assignees
2 Participants
Notifications
Due Date

No due date set.

Dependencies

This issue currently doesn't have any dependencies.

Loading…
There is no content yet.