released this 3 weeks ago | 69 commits to master since this release
- Window title in the CSDs (#638).
-Ddocs=disabled|enabled|automeson command line option.
- Support for
~-expansion in the
- Unicode 13 characters U+1FB3C - U+1FB6F, U+1FB9A and U+1FB9B to list of box drawing characters rendered by foot itself (rather than using font glyphs) (#474).
- Mouse buttons 6/7 (mouse wheel left/right).
- Terminfo files can now co-exist with the foot terminfo files from ncurses. See
INSTALL.mdfor more information (#671).
bold-text-in-bright=palette-basednow only brightens colors from palette
- Raised grace period between closing the PTY and sending
SIGKILL(when terminating the client application) from 4 to 60 seconds.
- When terminating the client application, foot now sends
SIGTERMimmediately after closing the PTY, instead of waiting 2 seconds.
- Foot now sends
SIGKILLto the client application’s process group, instead of just to the client application’s process.
kmousterminfo capability from
- pt-or-px values (
letter-spacing, etc) and the line thickness (
tweak.box-drawing-base-thickness) in box drawing characters are now translated to pixel values using the monitor’s scaling factor when
dpi-aware=autoand the scaling factor is larger than 1 (#680).
rmmfrom terminfo; foot prefixes Alt-key combinations with
ESC, and not by setting the 8:th “meta” bit, regardless of
rmm. While this can be disabled by, resetting private mode 1036, the terminfo should reflect the default behavior (#670).
- Keypad application mode keys from terminfo; enabling the keypad application mode is not enough to make foot emit these sequences - you also need to disable private mode 1035 (#670).
- Rendering into the right margin area with
- PGO builds with clang (#642).
- Crash in scrollback search mode when selection has been canceled due to terminal content updates (#644).
- Foot process not terminating when the Wayland connection is broken (#651).
- Output scale being zero on compositors that does not advertise a scaling factor.
- Slow-to-terminate client applications causing other footclient instances to freeze when closing a footclient window.
- Underlying cell content showing through in the left-most column of sixels.
cursor.blinknot working in GNOME (#686).
- Blinking cursor stops blinking, or becoming invisible, when switching focus from, and then back to a terminal window on GNOME (#686).