released this 7 months ago | 878 commits to master since this release
padoption now accepts an optional third argument,
pad=5x5 center), causing the grid to be centered in the window, with equal amount of padding of the left/right and top/bottom side #273).
foot.ini. These options let you tweak cell size and glyph positioning (#244).
- Key/mouse binding
select-extend-character-wise, which forces the selection mode to 'character-wise' when extending a selection.
- URL detection and OSC-8 support. URLs are highlighted and activated using the keyboard (no mouse support). See foot(1)::URLs, or README.md for details (#14).
DECSET 80- sixel scrolling (#361).
DECSET 1070- sixel private color palette (#362).
DECSET 8452- position cursor to the right of sixels (#363).
- Man page foot-ctlseqs(7), documenting all supported escape sequences (#235).
- Support for transparent sixels (DCS parameter
- Completions for Bash shell (#10).
- The fcft and tllist library subprojects are now handled via Meson wrap files instead of needing to be manually cloned.
- Box drawing characters are now rendered by foot, instead of using font glyphs (#198)
- Double- or triple clicking then dragging now extends the selection word- or line-wise (#267).
- The line thickness of box drawing characters now depend on the font size (#281).
- Extending a word/line-wise selection now uses the original selection mode instead of switching to character-wise.
- While doing an interactive resize of a foot window, foot now requires 100ms of idle time (where the window size does not change) before sending the new dimensions to the client application. The timing can be tweaked, or completely disabled, by setting
CSI 13 ; 2 tnow reports (0,0).
- Key binding matching logic; key combinations like
Control+Shift+Cmust now be written as either
Control+Shift+c, the latter being the preferred variant. (#376)
- Consumed modifiers are no longer sent to the client application (#376).
- The minimum version requirement for the libxkbcommon dependency is now 1.0.0.
- Empty pixel rows at the bottom of a sixel is now trimmed.
- Sixels with DCS parameter
P2=0|2now use the current ANSI background color for empty pixels instead of the default background color (#391).
- Sixel decoding optimized; up to 100% faster in some cases.
- Reported sixel “max geometry” from current window size, to the configured maximum size (defaulting to 10000x10000).
-g,--geometrycommand-line option (which had been deprecated and superseded by
- Some mouse bindings (primary paste, for example) did not require
shiftto be pressed while used in a mouse grabbing application. This meant the mouse event was never seen by the application.
- Terminals spawned with
nnot terminating when exiting shell (#366).
- Default value of
--helpoutput when foot was built without terminfo support.
- Drain PTY when the client application terminates.