released this 1 year ago | 106 commits to releases/1.5 since this release
- scrollback option in
foot.ini. Use scrollback.lines instead.
- scrollback-up key binding. Use scrollback-up-page instead.
- scrollback-down key binding. Use scrollback-down-page instead.
- Scrollback position indicator. This feature is optional and controlled by the scrollback.indicator-position and
scrollback.indicator-format options in
- Key bindings in scrollback search mode are now configurable.
--check-configcommand line option.
- pipe-selected key binding. Works like pipe-visible and pipe-scrollback, but only pipes the currently selected text, if any (#51).
- mouse.hide-when-typing option to
- scrollback.multiplier option to
- colors.selection-foreground and colors.selection-background options to
- tweak.render-timer option to
- Modifier support in mouse bindings (#77).
- Click count support in mouse bindings, i.e double- and triple-click (#78).
- All mouse actions (begin selection, select word, select row etc) are now configurable, via the new select-begin, select-begin-block, select-extend, select-word, select-word-whitespace and select-row options in the mouse-bindings section in
- Implement XTSAVE/XTRESTORE escape sequences,
CSI ? Ps sand
CSI ? Ps r(#91).
$COLORTERMis now set to
truecolorat startup, to indicate support for 24-bit RGB colors.
- Experimental support for rendering double-width glyphs with a character width of 1. Must be explicitly enabled with
- initial-window-size-pixels options to
-w,--window-size-pixelscommand line option to
foot. This option replaces the now deprecated geometry and
- initial-window-size-chars option to
-W,--window-size-charscommand line option to
foot. This option configures the initial window size in characters, and is an alternative to initial-window-size-pixels.
- scrollback-up-half-page and scrollback-down-half-page key bindings. They scroll up/down half of a page in the scrollback (#128).
- scrollback-up-line and scrollback-down-line key bindings. They scroll up/down a single line in the scrollback.
- mouse.alternate-scroll-mode option to
foot.ini. This option controls the initial state of the Alternate Scroll Mode, and defaults to
yes. When enabled, mouse scroll events are translated to up/down key events in the alternate screen, letting you scroll in e.g.
lessand other applications without enabling native mouse support in them (#135).
- Renamed man page for
foot.inifrom foot(5) to foot.ini(5).
- Configuration errors are no longer fatal; foot will start and print an error inside the terminal (and of course still log errors on stderr).
--serversocket path to use
- Trailing empty cells are no longer highlighted in mouse selections.
- Foot now searches for its configuration in
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/foot/foot.ini, if no configuration is found in
- Minimum window size changed from four rows and 20 columns, to 1 row and 2 columns.
- scrollback-up/down renamed to scrollback-up/down-page.
- fcft >= 2.3.0 is now required.
- Command lines for pipe-visible and pipe-scrollback are now tokenized (i.e. syntax checked) when the configuration is loaded, instead of every time the key binding is executed.
- Incorrect multi-column character spacer insertion when reflowing text.
- Compilation errors in 32-bit builds.
- Mouse cursor style in top and left margins.
- Selection is now updated when the cursor moves outside the grid (#70).
- Viewport sometimes not moving when doing a scrollback search.
- Crash when canceling a scrollback search and the window had been resized while searching.
- Selection start point not moving when the selection changes direction.
- OSC 10/11/104/110/111 (modify colors) did not update existing screen content (#94).
- Extra newlines when copying empty cells (#97).
- Mouse events from being sent to client application when a mous binding has consumed it.
- Input events from getting mixed with paste data (#101).
- Missing DPI values for “some” monitors on Gnome (#118).
- Handling of multi-column composed characters while reflowing.
- Escape sequences sent for key combinations with
Return, that did not include
- Clipboard (or primary selection) is now cleared when receiving an OSC-52 command with an invalid base64 encoded payload.
- Cursor position being set outside the grid when reflowing text.
- CSD buttons to be hidden when window size becomes so small that they no longer fit.