foot crashes on scroll while inactive
I am not sure if this is fault of foot or compositor, but I can reliably reproduce this, so please try it and let me know if you can reproduce it as well (otherwise it would be compositor's fault).
Steps to reproduce:
- open foot
- open any man page that can be scrolled, file with less, etc.
- open new foot with ctrl-shift-n
- now that the new foot has focus, hover over the inactive foot with man/whatever
- try scrolling with your mouse wheel
- the inactive foot should crash
This was definitely an issue in foot. It could be triggered by using "alternate scroll mode". This is a mode used in the alt screen when the application hasn't enabled native mouse tracking, where foot translates mouse scroll events to keyboard events (thus, a workaround for this issue is e.g.
LESS="--mouse" man ...).
The crash occurred because the keyboard input handling function assumed we had keyboard focus.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?