||3 weeks ago|
|tests||2 months ago|
|upload||3 weeks ago|
|.cpanel.yml||2 months ago|
|.gitattributes||2 months ago|
|.gitignore||2 months ago|
|CHANGELOG.md||2 months ago|
|CHANGELOG_AUTO.md||2 months ago|
|README.md||2 months ago|
|build.xml||2 months ago|
|composer.json||2 months ago|
|composer.lock||2 months ago|
|cpanel.yml.dist||2 months ago|
|install.txt||2 months ago|
|license.txt||2 months ago|
|upgrade.txt||2 months ago|
Norte is a free open source ecommerce platform for online merchants. Norte provides a professional and reliable foundation from which to build a successful online store.
Reporting a bug
Read the instructions below before you create a bug report.
- Search the Norte forum, ask the community if they have seen the bug or know how to fix it.
- Check all open and closed issues on the CodeBerg bug tracker.
- If your bug is related to the Norte core code then please create a bug report on CodeBerg.
- READ the changelog for the master branch
- Use Google to search for your issue.
- Make sure that your bug/issue is not related to your hosting environment.
If you are not sure about your issue, it is always best to ask the community on our bug forum thread
- If your bug report is not related to the core code (such as a 3rd party module or your server configuration) then the issue will be closed without a reason. You must contact the extension developer, use the forum or find a commercial partner to resolve a 3rd party code issue.
- If you would like to report a serious security bug please PM an Norte moderator/administrator on the forum. Please do not report concept/ideas/unproven security flaws - all security reports are taken seriously but you must include the EXACT details steps to reproduce it. Please DO NOT post security flaws in a public location.
Making a suggestion
Please do not create a bug report if you think something needs improving / adding (such as features or change to code standards etc).
We welcome public suggestions on our User site.
How to contribute
Fork the repository, edit and submit a pull request.
Please be very clear on your commit messages and pull request, empty pull request messages may be rejected without reason.
Your code standards should match the Norte coding standards. We use an automated code scanner to check for most basic mistakes - if the test fails your pull request will be rejected.
Generally the version is broken down into 4 points e.g 22.214.171.124 We use MAJOR.MINOR.FEATURE.PATCH to describe the version numbers, this is long version text. To simplify there will only be used 1.2.3 or MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH
A MAJOR is when there are significant changes that affect core structures. Is very rare, it would only be considered if the source was effectively re-written or a clean break was desired for other reasons. This increment would likely break most 3rd party modules.
A MINOR version is when new extensions or features are added (such as a payment gateway, shipping module etc). Updating a feature version is at a low risk of breaking 3rd party modules.
A PATCH version is when a fix is added, it should be considered safe to update patch versions e.g 1.2.3 to 1.2.4
Norte will announce to developers 1 week prior to public release of FEATURE versions, this is to allow for testing of their own modules for compatibility. For bigger releases (ones that contain many core changes, features and fixes) an extended period will be considered following an announced release candidate (RC). Patch versions (which are considered safe to update with) may have a significantly reduced developer release period.
The master branch will always contain an "_rc" postfix of the next intended version. The next "_rc" version may change at any time.
Developer release source code will not change once tagged.
If a bug is found in an announced developer release that is significant (such as a major feature is broken) then the release will be pulled. A patch version will be issued to replace it, depending on the severity of the patch an extended testing period may be announced. If the developer release version was never made public then the preceding patch version tag will be removed.
To receive developer notifications about release information, sign up to the newsletter on the Norte website - located in the footer. Then choose the developer news option.
How to install
Please read the installation instructions included in the repository or download file.