NOTA: Last update: 2023-01-09
The goal of this document is to details the
Gemini Mentions standard to facilitate responses between capsule owner through gemlog entries.
For more details/history, please read this gemlog post: bacardi55 gemlog post about gemini mentions
Gemini mentions are a way to indicate to another capsule owner that you wrote a response to one of their content on your own capsule.
- To be alerted of mentions, a capsule owner MUST implement a basic endpoint on their capsule. Capsule owner MUST decide the endpoint path.
- This endpoint MUST require 1 argument containing the URL of the response.
- The URL MUST be % encoded.
- The endpoint MUST check for the validity of the page received.
- The endpoint MUST check that the response contains at least one link pointing back to an valid* URI.
- A gemini response page MAY contains multiple mention links for the same or different users.
- The first mention link for the current capsule found MUST be notified to the capsule owner.
- The optional other mention link MAY be notified to the capsule owner.
- Capsule owner MAY decide for the link limit they want to impose for their capsule.
- Capsule owner MAY allow gemini mention for all or a subset of the capsule URIs