scrapy-contrib-bigexporters provides additional exporters for the web crawling and scraping framework Scrapy (https://scrapy.org).
The following big data formats are supported:
- Python 3.6+
- Scrapy 2.4+
- Works on Linux, Windows, macOS, BSD
- Parquet export requires fastparquet 0.4.1+
- Avro export requires fastavro 1.1.0
- ORC export requires pyorc 0.4.0+
The quick way (pip):
pip install scrapy-contrib-bigexporters
Alternatively, you can install it from conda-forge:
conda install -c conda-forge scrapy-contrib-bigexporters
Depending on which format you want to use you need to install one or more of the following libraries.
pip install fastavro
pip install pyorc
pip install fastparquet
Additional libraries may be needed for specific compression algorithms. See "Use".
Use of the library is simple. Install it with your Scrapy project as described above.You only need to configure the exporter in the Scrapy settings, run your scraper and the data will be exported into your desired format. There is no development needed.
See here for configuring the exporter in settings:
The source is available at:
- Codeberg (a non-commercial European hosted Git for Open Source): https://codeberg.org/ZuInnoTe/scrapy-contrib-bigexporters
- Github (an US hosted commercial Git platform): https://github.com/ZuInnoTe/scrapy-contrib-bigexporters