||1 week ago|
|menu||2 years ago|
|mods||1 week ago|
|.gitignore||7 years ago|
|GROUPS.md||4 months ago|
|README.md||1 week ago|
|game.conf||3 weeks ago|
|minetest.conf||1 year ago|
|screenshot.png||4 years ago|
|settingtypes.txt||1 year ago|
A game for Minetest, focused on terraforming and landscaping. Based on Minetest Hades by Glünngi.
THIS IS A PREVIEW VERSION OF THE GAME. This game is playable, but incomplete. And future versions might change a lot and will often be incompatible and break your old worlds.
Requires Minetest 5.4.0.
Due to a gross miscalculation of the gravitational pull of the volcanic planet Hades, the latest terraforming attempt of your space crew went horribly wrong! You managed to survive, but it seems you are stranded on this hellhole of a planet full of lava, stone and ash for good!
You still have a pickaxe and a few apples. Also, water is hidden inside the tall and chaotic stone spires. So your only chance of survival is to search for water, use your crafting skills to form some soil and plant apple trees. More plants might follow. The underground holds great riches, but also great dangers, lava is death. With your new acquired resources, maybe, just maybe, you will turn Planet Hades into a nice, habitable place.
But beware: Many were not so lucky: Mutants will haunt on the surface and who knows what dangers might hide in the deep underground?
You need Minetest 5.4.0 to play Hades Revisited. Minetest can be found online at https://github.com/minetest/minetest/.
Automatic installation with ContentDB
This is the easiest method.
This game is available in Minetest's official ContentDB! If you have an internet connection, just go into Minetest and browse the Content section to install the latest and greatest version of the game.
If for some reason you must install this game manually, just insert the Hades Revisited directory into
in the Minetest data folder.
Important notices and short game guide
- Be sure the
minetest.conffile in the main Minetest directory doesn't have any parameters who are in conflict with the
minetest.conffile from the
hades_revisiteddirectory. Especially mapgen parameters or stuff like
give_initial_stuff = false
- There only 1 biome, with the focus on terraforming and landscaping
- Not everyone will like this game. But maybe there are some freaks out there ;-)
An attempt to colonize planet Hades went horribly wrong: Your exploration ship disintegrated and you survived with very limited supplies. Hades is a very young planet and characterized by highly volcanic activities and a lot of fertile ash. Asteroids have brought some water on Hades. So there are the basics for life, you just need to help it to get the nature going, make the planet habitable and survive. Not every colonist has duly arrived. Most of them have been mutated and strayed around the planet. There are creatures and most of them live in the underground and darkness.
How to start:
You start with the following items: 1 steel pickaxe, 12 apples, 1 wall lamp and a stick. Watch out for flowing lava above you at first!
Next you should dig some stone to craft a stone sword with the stick. Now explore the area and search for some water.
Dig some stone and ash to craft fertile sand and place it in neighbor to water to become dirt. Take a dirt and a apple to craft a sapling. Plant the sapling on dirt to become wood and leaves from the tree. If you ran out of apples or lost your pickaxe, kill some mutants. They sometimes drop apples, pickaxes and other things. Make more dirt and place it near water.
Take 2 mossy stone (near water) and a dirt to craft grass.
Grass + dirt = tropical grass.
Dig the grass and the tropical grass to get some seeds.
Plant the seeds on the soil that you have placed over the water source.
And now survive with the crafting guide.
Things you should know
- Fertile sand (which must be crafted) turns into dirt in the near of 10 nodes to water and direct contact of a dirt.
- Volcanic ash turns into volcanic sand if leaves are nearly.
- Volcanic sand turns into fertile sand if leaves are nearly.
- Volcanic ash slowly turns into clay when next to water.
- Flowing water turns lava source into water source and flowing lava into volcanic gravel.
- Stone, tuff and cobblestone become burned when next to lava.
- Stone, tuff and cobblestone become mossy when next to water.
- Mossy cobblestone turns into gravel when next to flowing water.
- Chondrite turns into marble if it is below -500 and it must be in near 4 nodes to lava and it also must have direct contact to water.
- Volcanic gravel turns into obsidian below Y=-1000. It must have direct contact to lava and water must be nearly.
- Sugarcane appears near of papyrus. It dosnt need water to grow, just dirt
Other gameplay stuff
- There is no fire
- Beds let you set the spawn point, you can't skip the night
- Volcanic gravel can only be dug by a shovel.
- Mobs spawn on stone, ash and tuff
- Tuff is too breakable for tools so it can't be used to craft stone tools
- There are no buckets, you need a water pump to spread water.
- Weak torches can be upgraded with a string to bright torches
- Plants grow with light level of 8 or higher. Underground farming is thus possible
- 2 emeralds = 1 sapphire. 2 sapphires = 1 ruby. 2 rubies = 1 diamond.
- With the Staff of Gaia you can turn following blocks into dirt: ash, volcanic sand, fertile sand, burned stone, stone, cobble, mossy stone, tuff, burned tuff, mossy tuff, mossy cobble
- Pale tree saplings can be planted on ash
- Cacti grow on ash
- Prismatic furnance is faster than the original furnance and has more slots
Ores generate at and below the following Y levels:
- Coal: +60
- Iron: 0
- Copper: -115
- Tin: -115
- Mese: -200
- Gold: -333
- Emerald: +20
- Sapphire: - 300
- Ruby: -900
- Diamond: -1200
- Max. ore generation at -10000
A save mining experience:
w = water l = ladder o = light s = stone - = air X = lava *********** ssswlsss ssswlsss ssswloss ssswlsss ssswlsss ssswssss ss-w--ss ss-w--ss XXXXXXXX ssssssss ***********
List of external mods (incomplete)
Important: A lot of the mods used in this game have been heavily changed from their original.
hades_furniture (based on
hades_bags (based on
hades_bedrock (based on
hades_farming (based on
hades_glowcrystals (badsed on
hades_mapgen_lakes (based on
hades_itemshow (based on
hades_chests (based on
hades_plantslib (massively-trimmed down version of
hades_trash (based on
hades_vines (based on
hades_doors (based on sorcerykid’s Doors Redux)
This game is free software. It has been licensed under these licenses:
- GNU LGPLv2.1 (or later) for the code
- CC BY-SA 3.0 for the media
Some mods have separate licenses:
hades_doors: LGPLv3 for code, CC BY-SA 3.0 for media
hades_bags: New BSD License
hades_bedrock: zlib license
hades_bushes: MIT License for code, CC BY-SA 4.0 for media
For detailed credits and author information, check out the readme files of the
individual mods (in the
Sorry for the mess, it might be cleaned up later.