Concurr is getting a rewrite for these reasons:
- Make the syntax better
- Change the name (Concurr isn't very related to concurrency)
- Clean things up (the lua folder is pretty useless and stuff)
- I know more about languages and design, so things will be fixed
The core evaluation strategy will not change. The rewrite will still be
- Purely functional
- Syntax similar to s-expressions
- RAWMEAT (Restrictions aren't worth my effort and time :)
- Vegan :)
Inspired by lisp (scheme, robin, and picolisp), (oca)ml, red, and logo. It also shares some features with hoon.
You can use paste to paste syntax-highlighted code.
- Homoiconicity -- that looks good
- Pure Functional Programming
- Free-form syntax
- Pattern matching
- Custom control structures
You can now find a tutorial in the tutorial.cnc file.