You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||5 months ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|Dockerfile||1 year ago|
|Procfile||1 year ago|
|README.md||5 months ago|
|amongstars.service||1 year ago|
|bot.py||1 year ago|
|heroku.sh||1 year ago|
|requirements.txt||1 year ago|
Along Among The Stars: Discord bot
Find the original game here
This is a Python Discord bot.
Use the bot
I don't publish a simple link yet because it's not stable enough, but you can use the bot on this server
- Solo playing of "Alone Among the Stars"
- Ability to burn the ship log
- Ability to log new entries
- Ability to generate a new planet
- Ability to backup the data
- Ability to read the full log of a user
- Ability to use the bot in private messages
- Designed for self-hosting easily
- Minimal code, very simple to understand, even for beginners
- Install python3 and pip3 (debian-based only)
sudo apt install python3-pip python3
- Install discord.py library
pip3 install discord.py
How to get the Discord token
- Create an application on Discord dev portal here
Boton the left menu and create one.
OAuthon the left menu, check
Bot, then check
Administrator, then copy and open the link in your browser to add the bot to a server.
- Go back on the
Bottab and copy the token on the top of the page.
- Enter root mode
- CLone the repository in /opt
cd /opt git clone https://codeberg.org/SnowCode/amongstars-discord cd amongstars-discord
- Create a file called token.txt and paste your Discord token inside
- Run the script to test if it works properly. The bot should be up. If no errors are shown, press CTRL+C to kill it.
- Create a systemd service, start it and enable it
cp amongstars.service /etc/systemd/system/ systemctl start amongstars systemctl enable amongstars systemctl status amongstars
||Find a new planet and land on it|
||Discover a new element of the planet|
||Add the description of the element and your feelings into the log|
||Burn your log|
||Read your log|