Several Tracker referals, so-called Windows services and one fix for line 12310
|1 day ago|
|Android-Full-Template||2 weeks ago|
|Android-Mini-Template||2 weeks ago|
|Gaming-Full-Template||5 days ago|
|Gaming-Mini-Template||1 week ago|
|Main-Template||1 day ago|
|Test||1 week ago|
|README.md||1 week ago|
GameIndustry hosts Templates
Unique host templates to enhance own privacy in games, websites and regulary software
Business analytics, spyware, tracking cookies in games and clients and thus partly self-legitimized data theft are often wide accepted these days.
This unique hosts offer an enhanced privacy to protect users from tracking, spyware, malware, advertising and redirections in games, on websites and in regulary programs.
Notice to Valve Corporation's GDS connections - Oct. 2021
This service seems to be finally obsolete. Entries can be ignored for now. I try to delete them step by step and re-check related products again.
- Main Template: software, websites, drivers, technology companys, gaming clients, games and more
- Gaming Mini-Template: Blocked most common game analytics, spyware and advertising services in PC games. Nothing else
- Gaming Full-Template: Blocked telemetry, game analytics, spyware and unnecessary connections for Gaming Clients and Games on and for several platforms.
- Android Mini-Template: Blocked most common game analytics, advertising, spyware and advertising services in Android games and software
- Android Full-Template: Blocked telemetry, advertising, game analytics, spyware and unnecessary connections for several Android products. Product related without exception
- Works on any device. System-wide
- Blocked entries for over 1500 games and the most important gaming-clients of this time
- Over 31000 lines
- Regularly updated
- Entries for Software, games, websites and IoT
- Privacy breaking tech companies like Facebook are blocked
- A large part of the outgoing connections from Windows (xx) and Microsoft games were blocked
- Strict and no exceptions for big companies
- Modular design - Take entries you need
- All entries are categorized by Product names, Publisher, website & company names
- Comments and additional information for several entries (german language)
- All products are seperated, to show consumers which things belong to which product
- Additional Ipv4 and Ipv6 entries to block them in your firewall
A host file setup was created for easy use. Start your setup, choose one template and install.
Source: GameIndustry Downloads
Supporting german, english and japanese language
Attention! Some programs can cause trouble:
Since I specify connections per product and thus also duplicate entries and strict block "critical" processes (e.g. Windows Spyware, some activation services), it's difficult sometimes. Manufacturers do not like this approach, take the initiative and the hosts will be deleted from your system or will be strongly modified without a hint.
- Kaspsersky Internet Security requires an exception rule
- Microsoft Windows Defender requires an exception rule
- IoBIT Driver Booster deletes mostly every AWS entry
- WiseCare also modify the hosts
- Malwarebytes makes false statements when certain entries are in the file and changes the hosts as well
If you use any of these programs, you should look carefully which rights they take, which and why error messages are displayed and which files they can modified.
Safety does not automatically mean safety in the way we as end users imagine it. Especially since manufacturers and publisher who promise us security often work to their own advantage.
Installation for Windows and other systems:
Android: /etc/hosts (a symbolic link to /system/etc/hosts)
Careful with using entries. Some may be strict and many services may not work
Bugs, Mistakes, questions:
Even me is not perfect and there may be wrong entries or spelling mistakes. If so, do not hesitate to contact me ASAP - Please open a ticket, contact me in Steam or about my website. Corrections (if needed) are quickly implemented.
Copyright, Support & License
It's a single project. Creating and maintaining the list has taken several years a lot of money and have build alone from scratch.
GameIndustry.eu is the original source of published host files. If the files (or components) are from somewhere else (maybe modified), they are not from me and get no support.
License: Creative Commons by-nc-sa 4.0
Copycats and thiefs
Imposters and thiefs like "Chef-Koch" can go to hell. Using other people's work and passes off other people's work as own creation is the lowest. Especially then if act too stupidly.
There are not for nothing notes about licenses and copyrights on my published content.
Reports can posted here or via the indicated contact options.