You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Create a new app
You have a new idea for an app and want to develop it yourself? Your help is welcome!
- First, please make sure your idea is compliant with Mintapps:
- The content fits one of the school subjects mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry or technology.
- The level corresponds to the upper school (e.g. Gymnasium grades 11-13, or final classes at professional schools).
- The appication has added didactic value. Apps only performing calculations, do not meet this requirement.
- If the app is going to use the server component (→ multiplayer mode), it should also offer a single player mode (for offline users).
- Create a new issue in the client repository of MintApps:
- Describe your idea in as much detail as possible, ideally already with a sketch of the app.
- The ticket is then reviewed by the active members of the project.
- Afterwards you will receive feedback, often with many more creative ideas :-)
- Create a copy of the mintapps:
- If you are technically skilled, please create your own fork of the client repository.
- Since git has its pitfalls (and you should not fail because of that...), you can alternatively download the ZIP file with the current sources and unpack it locally.
- Now develop and test the new app, taking into account the following points:
src/mint/viewsyou will find the file Template.vue, which can be a good starting point for your first MintApp.
- Please also create a new icon and place it in the directory
src/mint/assets. Use only the colour black and a transparent background in SVG format (so that the icons can be adapted to the device and mode).
- Each app needs its own language file in JSON format, which is located in the subfolder
src/mint/locales. It is sufficient if you store the texts in German or English there :-)
- In order to test the app yourself, a route is needed in the file routes.js in the folder
- And finally, please add a suitable menu entry in the corresponding index file
- Submit to the project:
- If you had created a fork, please submit a pull request with a meaningful description.
- Alternatively, you can simply send us the changed files in your ticket.
- Finally, we will merge the changes.