ci/woodpecker/push/woodpecker Pipeline was successful Details
|1 year ago|
|src/tootbot||1 year ago|
|.flake8||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|.pre-commit-config.yaml||1 year ago|
|.woodpecker.yml||1 year ago|
|CHANGELOG.md||1 year ago|
|README.md||1 year ago|
|config.ini||3 years ago|
|license.txt||4 years ago|
|poetry.lock||1 year ago|
|pyproject.toml||1 year ago|
This is a Python bot that looks up posts from specified subreddits and automatically posts them on Mastodon. It is based on reddit-twitter-bot.
!!! This version of Tootbot no longer supports posting to Twitter. !!!
If you need twitter functionality look into reddit-twitter-bot as a possible alternative.
!!! This version of Tootbot no longer supports deleting old toots. !!!
If you'd like to delete older toots from your Mastodon account look into MastodonAmnesia as a tool that might work for you.
- Tootbot posts to Mastodon
- Media from direct links, Gfycat, Imgur, Reddit, and Giphy is automatically attached in the social media post. Tootbot attaches up to the first 4 pictures for imgur albums and reddit gallery posts.
- Links that do not contain media can be skipped, ideal for meme accounts like @babyelephantgifs
- NSFW content, spoilers, and self-posts can be filtered
- Tootbot can monitor multiple subreddits at once
- Tootbot is fully open-source, so you don't have to give an external service full access to your social media accounts
- Tootbot also checks the sha256 checksum of media files to stop posting of the same media file from different subreddits.
- Tootbot can ping a Healthchecks instance for monitoring continuous operation of Tootbot
- Optionally throttle down frequency of tooting when mastodon errors are detected.
The developers of Tootbot hold no liability for what you do with this script or what happens to you by using this script. Abusing this script can get you banned from Mastodon, so make sure to read up on proper usage of the API for each site.
Setup and usage
For instructions on setting up and using Tootbot, please visit the wiki
There are a number of ways you can support Tootbot:
- Create an issue with problems or ideas you have with/for Tootboot
- You can buy me a coffee.
- You can send me small change in Monero to the address below:
Monero donation address: