IF YOU WANT TO EDIT THE WIKI, do so on codeberg.org
The wiki on github.com is a read-only mirror, as is the git repo itself. Issues and PRs will move to codeberg summer 2019, if you want your issue/PR comments migrated properly, please create a codeberg acount before we will migrate.
Gadgetbridge is an Android (4.4+) application which will allow you to use your
Pebble, Mi Band, Amazfit Bip and HPlus device (and more) without the vendor's closed source application
and without the need to create an account and transmit any of your data to the
List of changes
- Amazfit Bip Wiki
- Amazfit Cor Wiki
- Amazfit Cor 2 Wiki
- Casio GB-6900B (WIP)
- HPlus Devices (e.g. ZeBand) Wiki
- ID115 (WIP)
- Lenovo Watch 9 (WIP)
- Liveview (WIP)
- Mi Band, Mi Band 1A, Mi Band 1S Wiki
- Mi Band 2 Wiki
- Mi Band 3 Wiki
- Mi Band 4 (WIP, NOT RECOMMENDED, NEEDS MI FIT WITH ACCOUNT AND ROOT ONCE) Wiki
- Mi Scale 2 (currently only displays a toast after stepping on the scale)
- NO.1 F1 (WIP)
- Pebble, Pebble Steel, Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel, Pebble Time Round Wiki
- Pebble 2 Wiki
- Teclast H10, H30 (WIP)
- XWatch (Affordable Chinese Casio-like smartwatches)
- Vibratissimo (experimental)
- ZeTime (WIP) Wiki
Please see FEATURES.md
Getting Started (Pebble)
Please this wiki article
How to use (Mi Band 1+2)
Invoke the discovery activity manually via the "+" button. It will ask you for some personal info that appears
to be needed for proper steps calculation on the band. If you do not provide these,
some hardcoded default "dummy" values will be used instead.
When your Mi Band starts to vibrate and blink during the pairing process,
tap it quickly a few times in a row to confirm the pairing with the band.
- Configure other notifications as desired
- Go back to the "Gadgetbridge" activity
- Tap the Mi Band item to connect if you're not connected yet
- To test, chose "Debug" from the menu and play around
- The initial connection to a Mi Band sometimes takes a little patience. Try to connect a few times, wait,
and try connecting again. This only happens until you have "bonded" with the Mi Band, i.e. until it
knows your MAC address. This behavior may also only occur with older firmware versions.
- If you use other apps like Mi Fit, and "bonding" with Gadgetbridge does not work, please
try to unpair the band in the other app and try again with Gadgetbridge.
- While all Mi Band devices are supported, some firmware versions might work better than others.
You can consult the projects wiki pages
to check if your firmware version is fully supported or if an upgrade/downgrade might be beneficial.
- In order to display text notifications on the Mi Band 2, you have to install a font on the band.
- set time (automatically upon connection)
- display notifications and vibrate
Core Team (in order of first code contribution)
- Andreas Shimokawa
- Carsten Pfeiffer
- Daniele Gobbetti
Additional device support
- João Paulo Barraca (HPlus)
- Vitaly Svyastyn (NO.1 F1)
- Sami Alaoui (Teclast H30)
- "ladbsoft" (XWatch)
- Sebastian Kranz (ZeTime)
- Vadim Kaushan (ID115)
- "maxirnilian" (Lenovo Watch 9)
- Andreas Böhler (Casio GB-6900B)
- Jean-François Greffier (Mi Scale 2)
- Johannes Schmitt (BFH-16)
Contributions are welcome, be it feedback, bug reports, documentation, translation, research or code. Feel free to work
on any of the open issues;
just leave a comment that you're working on one to avoid duplicated work.
Translations can be contributed via https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/freeyourgadget/gadgetbridge/
Do you have further questions or feedback?
Feel free to open an issue on our issue tracker, but please:
- do not use the issue tracker as a forum, do not ask for ETAs and read the issue conversation before posting
- use the search functionality to ensure that your question wasn't already answered. Don't forget to check the closed issues as well!
- remember that this is a community project, people are contributing in their free time because they like doing so: don't take the fun away! Be kind and constructive.
- Do not ask for help regarding your own projects, unless they are Gadgetbridge related
- Phone crashing during device discovery? Disable Privacy Guard (or similarly named functionality) during discovery.
- Open Gadgetbridge's settings and check the option to write log files
- Reproduce the problem you encountered
- Check the logfile at /sdcard/Android/data/nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge/files/gadgetbridge.log
- File an issue at https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/issues/new and possibly provide the logfile
Alternatively you may use the standard logcat functionality to access the log.