Mi Band 5 - Sync not working. Infinite Sync notification
Before reporting a bug, please confirm the following:
- I have read the wiki, and I didn't find a solution to my problem / an answer to my question.
- I have searched the issues, and I didn't find a solution to my problem / an answer to my question.
I got Gadgetbridge from:
- I built it myself from source code (specify tag / commit)
Your issue is:
Hi, thanks for providing GadgetBridge! Your ap is the reason that I bought a wearable! :-)
After installing and pairing my Mi Band 5 the synchronization worked well the first 1-2 days. I enabled setting "keep data on wearable".
Unfortunately a few days later I was not able to sync any longer. This is the case for some weeks now.
Steps to reproduce:
- I open Gadgetbridge and press "connect" to connect the band to my phone
- Then I press the sync button and a notification appears saying "Retrieving activity data: Transmitting data since 03.04.2021" with an infinite progress bar below.
- The notification never disappears. Even after a few hours I don't see any data in Gadgetbrigde.
- If I close Gadgetbridge via the hamburger-menu + "Exit", the app closes, but the notification is still there. The only option to get rid of the notification Android settings > apps > Gadgetbridge > Stop App
- I activated logging via "Settings > Developer options > Write Log File". But unfortunately my phone neither shows a log file under "internal" nor under "SD-Card" (Folder: Android > data > nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge > files is empty). I even restarted gadgetbridge, but there still is no log file.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help!
Your wearable device is:
Xiaomi Mi Band 5
Your android version is:
Your Gadgetbridge version is:
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?