Mi Band 4 not pairing
Before reporting a bug, please confirm the following:
- I have read the wiki, and I didn't find a solution to my problem / an answer to my question.
- I have searched the issues, and I didn't find a solution to my problem / an answer to my question.
- If you upload an image or other content, please make sure you have read and understood the github policies and terms of services
I got Gadgetbridge from:
- I built it myself from source code (specify tag / commit)
If you got it from Google Play, please note that version is unofficial and not supported here; it's also often quite outdated. Please switch to one of the above versions if you can.
Your issue is:
i have tried pairing a mi band 4 with now 4 Android devices , all with different Android Versions.
On all devices i have the same behaviour. These are the steps i have taken on all devices:
- Install Mi Fit from freemyband.com
- successfully paired the band and get the key as described from the text file in /sdcard/freemyband
- the key consists of 2 parts: the mac adress of the band and the key.
- unpair the band, uninstall Mi Fit, reboot the android device
- install F-Droid and gadgetbridge from f-droid
- start Gadetbridge and let it search for the band. After finding the band i entered the key i got from freemyband, by selecting the into "Auth Key", in the following ways:
- each time after entering the key i chose the the and the paring starts, but never ends.
- it asks for a lot of access to different services on the android device, which i all allowed.
- i also tried with deactivated bluetooth pairing , to be found in the miband settings in gadetbridge
Could someone , who successfully paired a mi band 4 wit hgadgetbridge the steps i have written down ?
What could be the problem, that the pairing never stops and is not successful ?
Your wearable device is:
Mi Band 4 updated to firmware 1.06.
Your android version is:
Your Gadgetbridge version is:
0.36 and 0.36.1
New issues about already solved/documented topics could be closed without further comments. Same for too generic or incomplete reports.
regardings entering the i tried the follwoing key's:
I have no clue what the problem might be, it works for me. I also have no idea what you are trying to archive with the @ sign. Documentation is here:
And I have no idea why you open two issues for one problem.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?