Puffer is a Discord bot for game server management. It contains features of moderation, trade announcements, voice chat management, as well as a member gateway using Discord's UI forms (WIP).
There is not a universal instance of Puffer, because the bot is made to be customizable for each server. So you're going to have to create and host your instance if you want the bot for your server.
Puffer has several steps to installing on your server. Prerequisites:
First, you need Python 3.10+ and PIP (comes with Python).
Second, you need to install Poetry for Python. Do it using
pip install poetry.
Third, you'll need to have a Redis database running somewhere, that you can connect to if you've enabled DB-using cogs.
Now you can install the bot:
- Head over to the Discord Developers page, create a bot and grab it's token. You'll find a plenty of instructions on how to do it online. Don't forget to disable invites not-by-owner.
- Invite your bot to the server, where you're going to use it. As well, don't forget to create required channels, if the cogs you'll be using require any. Remember, one instance covers one server.
- Clone the repository to your hosting computer.
- Copy (don't move/rename, copy) the
.envand edit it with your values. There are short explanations for the environment variables in the example file, but the long descriptions can be read in the Config documentation.
- Proceed to launch the bot with the following commands:
poetry install # Install dependencies poetry shell # Activate the shell environment python -m puffer # Start the bot
- Puffer should be up and running, if you did everything correctly!
If your members can't use commands - make sure they have the Connect permission. We recommend removing this permission from the default (@everyone) role, especially if you're using Verification features.
Cogs and Configuration
NOTE: Currently you cannot customize the fields for the verification modal, as well as the placeholder text for the greeting message. This should be fixed by the 1.0.0 release.