Telegram -> Matrix stickerpack importer
This bot allows for simple and quick copying Telegram stickers into Matrix rooms. Stickers can be used in clients that implemented them natively by Matrix (msc2545) like FluffyChat, Nheko and Cinny. Element currently does not support native stickers (can only display them when send by others).
- Python 3.9+ and pip
- Matrix account dedicated for the bot
- Telegram API keys and bot token (Please don't share it with anyone)
- Create new Matrix account dedicated for the bot
- Get Telegram API key and API hash from https://my.telegram.org/apps
- Create new Telegram bot and get bot token by talking to https://t.me/botfather
- Clone this repository and install dependencies
git clone https://codeberg.org/ghostermonster/stickerbridge cd stickerbridge pip install -r requirements.txt
- Copy example config file
cp config.yaml.example config.yaml
- Fill the config file with creditials for Matrix account and Telegram bot you created
- Run the bot
Invite the bot in a room (currently does not support encrypted rooms), type
!sb help to list available commands.
!sb import <stickerpack name> to import stickerpack to the room, ex.
!sb import bestblobcats.
After importing is completed, you will see stickerpack in the menu.