new and improved themes for Codeberg is an often requested feature, see
- Codeberg/Community#393 (new off-white colour theme)
- Codeberg/Community#392 (improvements to arc-green)
- Codeberg/Community#278 (effectively requesting themes)
- Codeberg/Community#276 (general request for new themes, also contains some notes on how to do it)
- Codeberg/Community#74 (not directly related, but is more likely to be implemented with proper docs)
- Codeberg/Community#59 (request for more themes, links to https://gitea.com/gitea/awesome-gitea#user-content-themes but does not mention how to actually include them)
But no one ever started working on it, likely because there was never mentioned how to actually do this. I didn't find anything in all these issue threads, nor in the gitea docs, not really.
Please, if anyone knows how to add themes to Codeberg, add this to the Docs under "Contributing to Codeberg" (or point to the stuff in the gitea docs). I think this might be a milestone for the community if people know how to contribute themes, where to file the PR (Codeberg/gitea or Codeberg/build-deploy-gitea) etc ... since it was apparently never done before there's no reference point.
PS: I also found some gitea-themes on codeberg, like https://codeberg.org/vrifox/gitea-theme