Replace links on Codeberg to our own documentation where available
The SSH / GPG guide in the user setting section points to Github documentation even thought a page for adding SSH keys to one's account exists in the Codeberg documentation.
I wanted to look into this already. Currently, even Gitea is sometimes linking to GitHub's docs, although their own ones are more feature-complete now.
This makes sense both upstream and downstream, not sure if we should look into the former. But for Codeberg, we should change some links, most importantly "Help" from the user menu should point to our docs.
Not sure who pointed me to the thread and / or where this was mentioned, but I proposed to land this upstream: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/15736
If this happens, we might want to revise the docs once more (Codeberg/Documentation#134) and maybe find a way to cover Gitea-features different to Codeberg (e.g. disabled stuff). Tiny stuff can be mentioned inline, whole disabled features could be moved into a "Your own Gitea" category or something ...
Let's wait what the upstream guys think, and decide for the next steps then.
- evaluate which links in the Gitea templates still point non-CB-docs resources
- collect them in Codeberg/Documentation#134
- make sure they are covered
- find a way to welcome users of plain Gitea in our docs (e.g. a dedicated Gitea landing page)
- replace links in the templates with pointers to our docs, upstream help should point to a Gitea landing page (either in our docs or theirs), Codeberg should point to our Getting started
After this, we can make sure to stay in sync with upstream and eventually find a way to make our Documentation content integrate nice with their own docs.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?